PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beach?

Thunderstorm
January 3rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
I love going to the beach, my area has some nice beaches. However, I have to say my favorite beach was Daytona. It's so nice, the water is perfect temperature, the boardwalk is clean and it is just perfect.

What's your favorite beach?

cami
January 3rd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Cancun's beaches are my favorite ones so far.

Cognizant
January 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Ocean Beach in San Francisco is my favorite of all I've visited

HardNudist
January 3rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Black's Beach San Diego and Haulover in Miami. Best scenery on Earth.

pjones
January 4th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Daytona is a great beach as long as you don't get run over LOL

TheN3rdyOutcast
January 4th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Cocoa Beach, FL because it's the only one I've been to for the past three years.

Abyssal Echo
January 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Huntington Beach, CA (AKA Huntington) because I used to spend a lot of time there in the summer and where I learned how to surf.

Thunderstorm
January 4th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Daytona is a great beach as long as you don't get run over LOL

This is true! But the last time I was there, there were not too many cars.

pjones
January 4th, 2015, 11:05 AM
spring break and race week the beaches are real crowded

Thunderstorm
January 4th, 2015, 06:00 PM
spring break and race week the beaches are real crowded

Ahhh, I went in mid-August, I'm from NY and Florida kids were going back to school.

Southside
January 4th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Well I haven't been to any legit beaches( ocean beaches), but here in Chicago, North Ave Beach and Oak Street Beach are two of my favorite.

Beaches here aren't half bad when there not crowded with people or closed because of high bacteria levels.

twirlgurl
January 4th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Destin Fl was REALLY one of the best beaches i been too!!! The sand is like bright white powdery kind, the water is so clear you can see your feet even if you cant touch the bottom. Unlike Atlantic City NJ cause there your feet disappear after like 6". (so gross). Plus Destin has a cool family boardwalk that has a zipline, and repelling, and sailing, and wave runners, etc. Wave runners are SOOO cool. i never been on one till last summer and we were like 3' from real dolphins in the gulf! I could almost touch it.

Faolan
January 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM
The Côte Sauvage in Brittany. You'd be stupid to swim there, but it's incredibly beautiful, what with green cliffs and all.

Babs
January 5th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I've only been to like, 2 beaches, and Indiana being a land-lock state, they aren't super special because they're lakes, not oceans or something cool like that. But I like them. Indiana Dunes is pretty cool.

pjones
January 5th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Ahhh, I went in mid-August, I'm from NY and Florida kids were going back to school.

yeah school starts early. but i was on the beach over the weekend, can't do that everywhere so i guess it works out

Princess4Life
January 5th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Ocean City, MD!! It's so beautiful! :D

Thunderstorm
January 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Ocean City, MD!! It's so beautiful! :D

I have always wanted to go to a Mid-Atlantic beach, especially Ocean City. I'll get there one day :P

Princess4Life
January 5th, 2015, 07:54 PM
I have always wanted to go to a Mid-Atlantic beach, especially Ocean City. I'll get there one day :P

It's awesome! They have a lot of things for families to do too. I go there at least three times a year!

jordanhardy
January 5th, 2015, 08:16 PM
When I went to LA last year, Santa Monica beach and Venice beach were pretty sweet. Unlike anything here in the UK

queenofcontrariety
January 5th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I live in a state with a ton of beaches and it's honestly not my thing, but if I had to pick one I'd probably say Long Beach Island (LBI) bc you have ocean and bay and I saw dolphins last time :3

Melodic
January 7th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Lake Michigan, I can pretty much walk down the street to see the lake.

David_L2
January 8th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Cayman probably had the nicest white sand beaches I've ever been lucky enough to see

SoftSarah
January 8th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Either Ocean City,MD or Rehobeth Beach, DE

LITTLEANGEL16
January 17th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Any nudist/FKK beach, just a pity there is not one near by:(

riverboy
January 17th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Any beach where it's warm to be on.

ImCoolBeans
January 19th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I went to Delray beach in Florida this summer, and it was amazing. You have to walk through a living tree/bush tunnel to get to the beach, it's pretty magical.

This is the best picture I could find on google showing it, and it's showing the view of the street instead of showing the beach on the other side, but at least you'll get an idea of it :P

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/57/ff/f6/57fff6190f1d9289d7b3f6d36d86f668.jpg

tasminsmith
January 19th, 2015, 11:13 AM
dream beach in bali, Indonesia its the nicest beach ive ever seen

Bull
January 19th, 2015, 11:30 AM
No real beaches in land locked Oklahoma, just fake beaches on lakes.

BraydenD
January 19th, 2015, 02:49 PM
The beaches in Cairns Australia were pretty cool

Thunderstorm
January 19th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I went to Delray beach in Florida this summer, and it was amazing. You have to walk through a living tree/bush tunnel to get to the beach, it's pretty magical.

This is the best picture I could find on google showing it, and it's showing the view of the street instead of showing the beach on the other side, but at least you'll get an idea of it :P

image (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/57/ff/f6/57fff6190f1d9289d7b3f6d36d86f668.jpg)

That's super cool! Looks really nice!

amybah
February 3rd, 2015, 04:10 PM
Mindelo's beach

Ouija
February 5th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Luquillo Beach ((Puerto Rico))

Isabella_
February 12th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Nude ones

allynxis
February 13th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I went to Playa del Carmen with my family last year, the beaches there are stunning. Would love to live right next to the beach one day, it's a dream of mine :)

matt_tgr
February 13th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Beaches in North West of Sardinia(Italy) are the best. Water's crystal clear, white sand, perfect temperature. Love that place!

That's the Spirit
February 13th, 2015, 12:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yYSBbDQ.jpg

Anti-Paxos.. AMAZING beach

Failed Algebra
February 16th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Long Island beaches are pretty good but nothing compared to the white sands and palm trees in Bermuda

Thunderstorm
February 18th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Long Island beaches are pretty good but nothing compared to the white sands and palm trees in Bermuda

I am from LI! Our beaches are pretty good.

Suicune
February 18th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I love York Beach, Maine. We go at least once every year. The Nubble Lighthouse brings tourists from all over the world and it's really fun to see them have fun because my hometown isn't very culturally diverse at all.

There's also the Goldenrod which is a restaurant/candy shop which has amazing salt water taffy and there's this giant window that allows people on the street to watch it being made.

There's York's Wild Kingdom also which is just a small zoo with a few rides, I haven't been there in a very long time but it's cool that it's still close by. York is so much fun and I feel like going right now lol.

Of course there's still the long stretch of coastline where people go for walks with their dogs and look for shells and crabs and such. It's best in the summer when all the food shacks are open I think.

Jackrabbit7
February 19th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I am from LI! Our beaches are pretty good.

Yea I love Jones Beach or fire Island, never any jelly fish, great waves and sand. I also like Cedar Point County Park up on the north shore if you've heard of that. They have great fishing/hiking/camping/beachdriving.

Has anyone ever been to the Carolina's. OMFG they have beautiful beaches and boardwalks plus the waters warm. That's the thing LI beach's don't really have, boardwalks and warm water.

Thunderstorm
February 19th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Yea I love Jones Beach or fire Island, never any jelly fish, great waves and sand. I also like Cedar Point County Park up on the north shore if you've heard of that. They have great fishing/hiking/camping/beachdriving.

I don't like the north shore beaches. Too rocky. They are better for activities though.

Long Beach has a boardwalk, and Coney Island (technically on LI). I don't think LI beaches were meant to have boardwalks, they were supposed to be very natural and undeveloped to preserve the nature of them.

Jackrabbit7
February 19th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I don't like the north shore beaches. Too rocky. They are better for activities though.

Long Beach has a boardwalk, and Coney Island (technically on LI). I don't think LI beaches were meant to have boardwalks, they were supposed to be very natural and undeveloped to preserve the nature of them.

Yea I feel you there, I love practicing driving around Jones b/c they have all those old wood post it looks really nice with the beach. Plus boardwalks have too many people and then it wouldn't be as natural and quiet as it is. It would be more like Coney Island, so your right there.

But is New York City REALLY a part of long island, Really?

Thunderstorm
February 20th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Yea I feel you there, I love practicing driving around Jones b/c they have all those old wood post it looks really nice with the beach. Plus boardwalks have too many people and then it wouldn't be as natural and quiet as it is. It would be more like Coney Island, so your right there.

But is New York City REALLY a part of long island, Really?

No, it isn't, but the boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens are geographically part of LI. They aren't part of LI culturally and economically.

Jackrabbit7
February 20th, 2015, 08:57 PM
No, it isn't, but the boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens are geographically part of LI. They aren't part of LI culturally and economically.

Lol I know great description, sometimes people from LI get all bent out of shape when i tell them the city's not really apart of the the island. It' usually the people that live on the south shore on the boarder of Nassau county because, you know, their mostly guidos (no offence to anyone) that share the same culture + its alot more urban that the north shore. I love to see there reactions. But you didn't really flip out so it wasn't that much fun.

What do you guys look for/want out of a beach?

Josh75
February 20th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Black's Beach near San Diego, CA, a nude beach;
West Street Beach in Laguna, CA, a gay beach;
Tahiti, the island of Bora Bora

varya15
February 26th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Sochi is the best beach I have been to...very near my home town!
Havn't travelled outside my country...

Wanderer_
March 14th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Australian beaches
Preferably C/O

tiffany1
April 10th, 2015, 03:53 AM
capetown beaches!!