PDA

View Full Version : Here's to you (I can kinda write sometimes)

queenofcontrariety
January 1st, 2015, 08:58 PM
From time to time I can actually write without freaking out or having it be absolutely horrible. I actually love this piece because it's just so light and uplifting and inspired by a lot of the people I see on a daily basis. Sorry it's super long and it sounds a lot better read out loud but I feel like I just needed to share.

Heres to the girl who everyone takes advantage of,
the one who people only call to help them with homework
the one boys dont notice, or when they do, they keep her a secret

Heres to the guy forever stuck in the friendzone
the one you could never imagine dating because hes like your brother
the one who looks at you with those eyes and breaks your heart because you dont feel the same way

Here's to the hopeless romantic
the one who thinks everyone could be the "one"
the one who still believes in love even after having their heart broken time after time

Here's to the quiet girl
the one most people have never heard utter a word
the one who may not say anything but is always eager to lend a pen or paper in math class

Here's to the guy who always knows what to say
the one who reminds you of a human fortune cookie
the one who always has a giant grin on his face but you can never figure out what could possibly make someone that happy

Here's to the day dreamer
the one who floats down the hallway in their own little world
the one who can't wait to be out in the world and finally make their never ending revieries a reality

Here's to the girl who puts up with the jokes
the one who is always getting told she belongs in the kitchen
the one who is going to make quadruple your yearly salary for doing what she you said she never could

Here's to the guy who is a human encyclopedia
The one who everyone thinks is weird because he knows everything about everything
The one who seems absolutely brilliant but gets caught up in all those thoughts

Here's to the nerd herd and the athletes, to the band kids and the fan girls, to the future burger flippers and biochemists

Here's to figuring out who you are, who you love, what you want to be and do and how you're going to get there

Here's to you
Here's to being anything you want to be
Here's to taking your labels and doing something with it

Here's to the meek and the bold, the big names and the ones you've never heard of, here's to not being afraid.

To the girl everyone takes advantage of, show them how the game is played

To the guy forever in the friendzone, he needs you as a friends, just be on the lookout for a girl who sees you in a different light

To the hopeless romantic, have someone to keep you grounded

To the quiet girl, embrace it, but find a way to express who you are

To the guy who always knows what to say, don't change a thing, the world needs more people like you in it

To the day dreamer, stay focused and motivated by the dreams, don't let them distract you

To the girl who puts up with the jokes, keep your head held high and show then who's boss

To the guy who knows everything, work it, it'll get you pretty far in life

And to you, just be you, take the injustice and the labels and strengthen who you are. No one can tell you who you ought to be, this is just a kind reminder as to what you can be.

Horatio Nelson
January 1st, 2015, 09:09 PM
This is super good, seriously.

I can relate to so many things in that list.

azure moonstone
January 1st, 2015, 09:33 PM
This is really good, Haley :) I like the idea of taking negative things and turning them into positives

Hudor
January 2nd, 2015, 12:07 AM
Whoa! This is very good! Quite inspirational. Good job Haley, I really liked it :D