PDA

View Full Version : Opiate Addiction?

Karkat
December 28th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Can you develop physical dependency on opiates within just a couple hits? I think I may be addicted physically, and maybe even psychologically, but I'm not 100% sure.

CosmicNoodle
December 28th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Can you develop physical dependency on opiates within just a couple hits? I think I may be addicted physically, and maybe even psychologically, but I'm not 100% sure.

I did opium twice, and I wanted it constantly for months after, so I wouldn't say it was out of the question, but that's just my personal experience, and I do have a very addictive personality.

Karkat
December 28th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I did opium twice, and I wanted it constantly for months after, so I wouldn't say it was out of the question, but that's just my personal experience, and I do have a very addictive personality.

Ahh lovely, another addiction is all I need

Yeah, I snorted painkillers with opiates to make it hurt less when I tried to kill myself last night, and I'm going through withdrawal I think :/

I'm an alcoholic, so I already know it's easy for me to get addicted to things.

Anyways, thanks.

CosmicNoodle
December 28th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Ahh lovely, another addiction is all I need

Yeah, I snorted painkillers with opiates to make it hurt less when I tried to kill myself last night, and I'm going through withdrawal I think :/

I'm an alcoholic, so I already know it's easy for me to get addicted to things.

Anyways, thanks.

Wow, I had no idea, are you OK?

Karkat
December 28th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Wow, I had no idea, are you OK?

Relatively. I don't know how I made it through- I had a rubber exercise band tied around my neck for a long time and I don't remember untying it. I might've caused brain damage from oxygen deprivation, who knows.

I really want to snort some more, but it burned so much... Ugh

And taking the pills takes too long to get a high ugh. I'm so fucked up. (Not to mention that I recently thought I was pregnant. My life is just a ray of sunshine right now, isn't it?)

CosmicNoodle
December 28th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Relatively. I don't know how I made it through- I had a rubber exercise band tied around my neck for a long time and I don't remember untying it. I might've caused brain damage from oxygen deprivation, who knows.

I really want to snort some more, but it burned so much... Ugh

And taking the pills takes too long to get a high ugh. I'm so fucked up. (Not to mention that I recently thought I was pregnant. My life is just a ray of sunshine right now, isn't it?)

Well if you ever want to talk to an extremely depressed, narcissistic, angry fat guy with poorly thought out opinions, I'm here mostly all day.

Have you thought about seeking professional help for this?

Karkat
December 28th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Well if you ever want to talk to an extremely depressed, narcissistic, angry fat guy with poorly thought out opinions, I'm here mostly all day.

Have you thought about seeking professional help for this?

I'll keep it in mind :P

Honestly, no professionals have taken my alcoholism seriously, so it's probably just be a waste of my time...

SethfromMI
December 29th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I guess it is possible. I am by no means an expert, but I think/thought it could be a very powerful and addictive drug

Straya
December 30th, 2014, 08:17 AM

depends on the type of opiate and the dosage i know it takes a while to get addicted to over the counter codein but morphein gets addictive fast and thats why you need doctor supervison when using it