PDA

View Full Version : do i have Add

izzybeth
December 23rd, 2014, 11:03 PM
I have the issue where it is hard to pay attention and hard to sit still can u help me ??

Jason The Great
December 23rd, 2014, 11:26 PM
Can you detail the issue? i mean the intensity and situation it's hard for you to pay attention.

James Dean
December 24th, 2014, 05:02 AM
It is best to talk to a professional as just because you have some add/adhd symptoms, it doesn't mean that you have it. There are many people who can't concentrate or fidget and do not have it, so it isn't as cut and dry like that. Go and talk to someone to know for sure so you can be diagnosed. :)

Rayquaza
December 24th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Recently there has been discussions about whether or not ADD should be counted as a real disorder. ADD has been attributed to behavioral symptoms that are found to be more personality traits as opposed to a result of cognitive impairment. If you feel that your inability to pay attention to certain tasks is having a detrimental effect on day-to-day situations then you should see a medical professional, and then see another medical professional for a second opinion. Remember that only you know yourself best so the choice to seek help is entirely up to you.

Thunderstorm
December 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I have the issue where it is hard to pay attention and hard to sit still can u help me ??

A lot of people have these problems. No, it does not necessarily mean you have ADD, and to tell you the truth, most people don't. Even the most mild cases of ADD will require some sort of rehabilitation. Hopefully, you will not need that, and as above posters said, it's probably your personality acting up. Also, it could be your growth and behavior starting to kick in. However, if this is really affecting your ability to learn, I would recommend seeing your school psychologist or counselor and speaking with your parents before getting professional help.

izzybeth
March 30th, 2015, 08:39 PM
thnxs thunderstorm and i like ur name

SethfromMI
March 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM
It is best to talk to a professional as just because you have some add/adhd symptoms, it doesn't mean that you have it. There are many people who can't concentrate or fidget and do not have it, so it isn't as cut and dry like that. Go and talk to someone to know for sure so you can be diagnosed. :)

this. even a lot of professionals do not agree, but only a professional can diagnose for sure