PDA

View Full Version : Poetry Share

Lovelife090994
December 21st, 2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone here a poet?
I can write poetry out of nowhere. If I kept up with mine I'd have books of it by now. But I can share something I just wrote.

Yule
Sun lost, Demeter’s tears,
For so the land hath slumbered here,
For the once warm air now dull and queer,
Stop! Something rustles in the dark, Hark! Someone approaches like a lark.
Songs of praise and songs of the night,
For the Solstice brings joy and tide, for us all to rejoice.
Chant, chant, chant be my sisters and brothers. Chant highest to Helios and Saturn, let them hear you.
Dark no longer as Yule passes so does the Sun get reborn. Oh Ra is high and bright. Demeter’s tears can cease, as Persephone can now be free and the warm gold sun be born again. -Christopher (Lovelife090994)

Stronk Serb
December 21st, 2014, 06:41 PM
I sometimes make a nasty anti-regime poem, nothing compared to your masterpiece here.

Lovelife090994
December 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
I sometimes make a nasty anti-regime poem, nothing compared to your masterpiece here.

Thank you. Anti-regime? Poetry is poetry, even something fowl can be beautiful in its words.

Typhlosion
December 21st, 2014, 08:22 PM
TWPR :arrow: The Open Book

Your poem's well written!

As for myself, I only once wrote a poem in a very serious fashion. It was an alexandrine sonnet for my then-gf. I'd share it but it's not in English :P

maniamsmart
December 22nd, 2014, 04:33 AM
Does rap count as poetry? If so, then yes! :)

Stronk Serb
December 22nd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Thank you. Anti-regime? Poetry is poetry, even something fowl can be beautiful in its words.

I'd rather not post it since I'd get banned for all the vulgarity which simply can't be translated from Serbian to English. But yeah, it sends a clear message.

Hudor
December 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
That's an awesome piece of work!
I write poetry sometimes when i feel like it though not a lot.

Lovelife090994
December 23rd, 2014, 02:16 PM
That's an awesome piece of work!
I write poetry sometimes when i feel like it though not a lot.

Thank you. I guess my poetry isn't that bad then. All of my poems have that old to vintage story-telling style.

ashjk
December 27th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I write often. It's either poignant or way too dark, so I don't really share it with anyone.
I really liked what you wrote. :)