PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Pets

ImCoolBeans
December 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Does anybody have any exotic pets? If so, what kind? If not, are there any exotic animals you would want as a pet?

I want 2 sugar gliders, so that they can keep each other company. I also want a savannah cat.

Plane And Simple
December 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I would have loved to have a little monkey to take care of, but that's not too environmentally friendly so i wouldn't really do it.
I don't know if you can class this as a pet (It's huge :P) but a horse is another little dream of mine.

Uranus
December 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I currently have two pets. One Chihuahua and one Labrador.

I would love, like nick, to have a little monkey. Preferably a capuchin monkey.

Plane And Simple
December 15th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I currently have two pets. One Chihuahua and one Labrador.

I would love, like nick, to have a little monkey. Preferably a capuchin monkey.

*insert high five here* I want to see them :wub:

Uranus
December 15th, 2014, 10:44 AM
*insert high five here* I want to see them :wub:

Haha, maybe someday I'll upload a picture of them! *High Five!*

Luminous
December 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I want a hedgehog! Too bad my cats would eat it. I want a rabbit more and that's not exotic though.

Karkat
December 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I want a hedgehog! Too bad my cats would eat it. I want a rabbit more and that's not exotic though.

I want a hedgehog too!

SethfromMI
December 15th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I would love to have a mongoose

conniption
December 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Do my siblings classify as exotic pets?

Anyway, I'd really like to have a chameleon. I think they're so cute.

Horatio Nelson
December 15th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I want a chinchilla, damn they are cute.

Emerald Dream
December 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I would love a dolphin and a flamingo.

Maybe that's a bit obvious.

Elysium
December 15th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I used to have a bearded dragon; does that count as exotic?

I would love to have some type of lizard or snake and a hedgehog.

Typhlosion
December 15th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I always mentioned as a joke that I'd like a freshwater sea sponge in an aquarium as a pet. If I ever do find one, I'd actually probably take it, I love sponges :P

Nayef.al
December 16th, 2014, 01:24 PM
My Cousin had one Kamelion it was Fun but it run away

twirlgurl
December 28th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Honestly, im against people owning exotic animals as pets. ANY of them. And this includes snakes, lizards, even tropical fish too. They don't belong here!! Some of the animals people bring here (even legally) as "pets" is amazing. Baby lions?? Really? Green Anaconda? Leemurs? Monkeys? Usually after a year or so, they can't keep them and they get put-down. All because some jag-off wanted to look "cool" for a little while. Well dead animals that dont belong here arent cool.

Why tropical fish? Because of how they get collected. They use high explosive charges that causes all the fish to get stunned (sellable or not). The collect them all as they float on top of the water, then sort out the ones they want, and toss the rest into a landfill. If more people knew the truth about 99% of the exotic creatures they keep as "pets", they should be saddened by owning them in the first place and not using the excuse that they are just "admiring" them.

So there! :D
(quietly backs away and hides)

Babs
January 1st, 2015, 10:44 PM
I'd like sugar gliders. Maybe chinchillas, but I hear they're kind of temperamental.

Melodic
January 2nd, 2015, 11:36 PM
I'd love a finger monkey.

Kate
January 12th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I would love to care for an animal rescued from the wild that couldn't be returned. I would also want to adopt exotic pets like skunks, farm pigs, geese, wallabies, farm pigs (not too exotic but different), etc.

Ouija
January 12th, 2015, 08:47 PM
i used to want a lil piglet but then i realized they squeal all the time, you cant really even pet them and if i'm eating bacon and the pig is in the kitchen with me then it'll probably be damn pissed and plot my death so pass

i've never known anyone with a bobcat or a lynx as a pet so i'd own one if could. cats are life.

Saint of Sinners
January 22nd, 2015, 08:48 AM
Oh boy. I want a pig. I'll give up bacon for that. Also a miniature horse, cause I don't think I'd have space for a regular one.

Adventure boy
January 22nd, 2015, 09:00 AM
My dad had a pet monkey when he was younger but the next door neighbours killed it and I would Like a sloth?elephant,lion but all trained and I would like a cheetah dolphin etc...

Lottie
January 22nd, 2015, 05:50 PM
I would like a lemur! :)

misstyles_2013
January 22nd, 2015, 06:43 PM
I have two snakes :)

Dami
January 25th, 2015, 02:26 PM
i think a pet lemur would be fun!

amgb
January 25th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Don't have any exotic pets but I'd love to have a wild animal like the Bengal tiger. I'd have to tame it though:)

averyj123
January 25th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I have a hedgehog

phuckphace
January 25th, 2015, 10:44 PM
a magpie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_magpie#Intelligence

Intelligence

The Eurasian magpie is believed not only to be among the brightest of birds but among the most intelligent of all animals. Along with the jackdaw, the Eurasian magpie's nidopallium is approximately the same relative size as those in chimpanzees and humans, significantly larger than the gibbon's.[3] Like other corvids, such as ravens and crows, their total brain-to-body mass ratio is equal to most great apes' and cetaceans.'[11]

Magpies have been observed engaging in elaborate social rituals, possibly including the expression of grief.[12] Mirror self-recognition has been demonstrated in European magpies,[13] making them one of but a few species and the only non-mammal known to possess this capability.[14] The cognitive abilities of the Eurasian magpie are regarded as evidence that intelligence evolved independently in both corvids and primates. This is indicated by tool use, an ability to hide and store food across seasons, episodic memory, using their own experience to predict the behavior of conspecifics.[2] Another behavior exhibiting intelligence is cutting their food in correctly sized proportions for the size of their young. In captivity magpies have been observed counting up to get food, imitating human voices, and regularly using tools to clean their own cages.[citation needed] In the wild, they organise themselves into gangs and use complex strategies hunting other birds and when confronted by predators.[15]

idk where I'd get one, but a talking crow tho

silentscream
January 28th, 2015, 01:09 AM
I have horses but they're pretty common breeds unles you count thefact that my mustang was running wild for about 2 1/2 years. I'd love to eventually (if I live long enough) to purchase a Sugarbush Harlequin draft horse or an Akhal-Teke. I would also enjoy having a Rottweiler, Catahula Leopard dog, Doberman, or Weimeriner.

TheGentleHerbivore
February 1st, 2015, 11:42 AM
I have 13 pet rats and 2 ferrets.
I think they're considered "exotic".

Along with them I have a rabbit, 2 guinea pigs, 2 cats and 2 dogs.

Alph4Num3r1c
February 6th, 2015, 04:20 AM
I have a hedgehog called Neffy. She likes cottage cheese and fish. Since she's an insectivore we give her mealworms and we used to have live crickets but my brother couldn't stand the noise and they were too big for her so she was scared of them. She lives in a closet and she runs on a wheel.