PDA

View Full Version : Banner

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Not sure if this is possible. On the vBulletin version that I used to use on my forums it worked, but do you think we could have member created banners featured at the top of the page every certain amount of time periods? I've really grown to like this community for the past 2-3 weeks that I have been here, and I see a lot of opportunities to grow this community even more with more member involvement activities and features. I have a lot of other cool ideas but I thought I'd drop this one off her in the Suggestions section.

I like the banner we have now, just seems kind of bland in my opinion after a while when you've seen it 200 times :P

CosmicNoodle
December 7th, 2014, 04:16 PM
If this is possible on this version of vBulliten, I'm all for this.

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 04:28 PM
If this is possible on this version of vBulliten, I'm all for this.

Thanks for the support :D

StoppingTime
December 7th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Well it's definitely possible, but I don't want us to come off as inconsistent, and we'd have to take into account that members would have to design a different banner for every theme.

That being said, the staff has been considering ways in which members can take a more active role in the community, and we'll be keeping everyone up to date on those opportunities in the coming weeks.

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Well it's definitely possible, but I don't want us to come off as inconsistent, and we'd have to take into account that members would have to design a different banner for every theme.

That being said, the staff has been considering ways in which members can take a more active role in the community, and we'll be keeping everyone up to date on those opportunities in the coming weeks.

Awesome, good that you guys are considering it and planning to keep everyone updated.

Semi_IronMan
January 2nd, 2015, 05:26 AM
That's a great idea. U got my vote

Typhlosion
January 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
I don't know, while it looks good on paper, maybe not so much in practice. I assume they'll be like user-owned ads. Beyond user-owned forums, I see very few uses for banners otherwise, and we already have featured forums. Also, any criteria beyond post count would be unjust, and this may harm the visuals of the page if poorly-constructed banners appear. Unlike other forums, we're really teens and most of us with barely any artistic skill :P Any standardization would kinda ruin the experience too.

I guess you could have your sigpic as a banner or something.