PDA

View Full Version : Hiding

queenofcontrariety
December 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I am a sixteen year old girl and I am currently laying underneath my bed, why? My entire family is claustrophobic but I love small spaces, they make me feel really safe. I usually tendphysically to date bigger guys because their hugs are like the same feeling of being totally surrounded I'll admit this probably is far from normal, to enjoy being in small areas and at times physically hiding from ones problems but does anyone else do this or something similar? Like my dad was trying to convince me to come out but i really just don't feel like facing stuff, I mean I know I'll have to leave but is it such a problem for this moment?

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I have heard of this before, and I have actually studied a little about it, but not enough on how to actually give advice. So it isn't that strange, and others do have it. I'm sorry you feel that way, and I do have a friend that does feel like that the same way you do, I just think on a lesser scale though because she does come out, but she also likes small spaces. Have you tried seeing a doctor? Or tried googling it to understand it a little better?

queenofcontrariety
December 7th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Have you tried seeing a doctor? Or tried googling it to understand it a little better?

I haven't mentioned it to my psych simply because I just went and it's something I started doing again after I went. I'll probably mention it at my next appointment in January, but that's for making me feel like less of a total weirdo :)

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I haven't mentioned it to my psych simply because I just went and it's something I started doing again after I went. I'll probably mention it at my next appointment in January, but that's for making me feel like less of a total weirdo :)

Good idea, and no problem, glad I could at least make you feel better :)