PDA

View Full Version : Virgin America

Gumleaf
December 6th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Has anyone flown Virgin America before? I'm thinking of flying with them early next year. Can anyone share their experiences flying with them? What was the service like? Was it on time etc?

CosmicNoodle
December 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Nope, never flown with them.

Horatio Nelson
December 6th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Not me.

Why don't you fly with an Airline you have experience with?

Gumleaf
December 6th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Not me.

Why don't you fly with an Airline you have experience with?

I do have that option with United Airlines, however it's much more convenient time wise to take the Virgin America flight.

Cognizant
December 6th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I do have that option with United Airlines, however it's much more convenient time wise to take the Virgin America flight.

VA is cheaper, too!

sparkles
December 10th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Yes: ORD->LAX service is EXCELLENT. You order everything via the in-seat entertainment system including free drinks and snacks and snack/meal options. Moodlighting is kind of cool. They play hipster music before/during boarding in the terminal and in the plane. Even the safety video is far from boring. Would recommend. Prices have been very competitive too.

phuckphace
December 10th, 2014, 05:15 AM
They play hipster music before/during boarding in the terminal and in the plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU

Gumleaf
December 10th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Yes: ORD->LAX service is EXCELLENT. You order everything via the in-seat entertainment system including free drinks and snacks and snack/meal options. Moodlighting is kind of cool. They play hipster music before/during boarding in the terminal and in the plane. Even the safety video is far from boring. Would recommend. Prices have been very competitive too.

Thanks. I have booked it, so it's happening. Sounds like it should be great. I've had experience with Virgin Australia. Interesting to see whether it's similar.

Plane And Simple
December 10th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Do tell us how it goes! I'm interested.

SuperVictor
December 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Never too late to loose your virgin america virginity! :D

mrmee
December 16th, 2014, 09:36 PM
It doesnt matter on the company as much as luck that you get a good plane, good service, and good weather.

Sadly, i doubt any flight attendants are allowed to sell condoms. BYOC

Owen727
December 22nd, 2014, 07:27 PM
I have flown VA from Boston to San Francisco twice and it was great. next to jet blue its my favorite airline. they have good inflight entertainment and really cool lighting. i think they took away free luggage tho or something because now my dad never says its an option :(
still, i think its way better then united or american, which are crap

Gumleaf
March 4th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Do tell us how it goes! I'm interested.

Well I took my Virgin America flight I spoke of in this thread last night. That description is basically how I felt about it. We did run about 40mins late, but that was hard to avoid because of weather (had to be de-iced). The only thing if I was very picky would be that I would have liked the drink I ordered at the time I got my meal and not 40mins later. But all in all a good experience and would fly again. Oh, and for the record the aircraft was an A320.