PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak?

johnf1998
December 5th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Has anyone ever taken Amtrak? If so how was it? I'm taking it from Ohio to New York this weekend, not sure what to expect. Any tips to make it fun would be great! Thanks :D

Gumleaf
December 6th, 2014, 12:35 AM
I've travelled Amtrak before, nearly 2 years ago from DC to NYC. It was a 3.5hr trip on the Northeast Regional route. The train I had, had comfortable seating, a café car and free wifi. So no complaints from me. I had my Ipod going most of the time. But overall a good experience and good enough for me to travel Amtrak again when I'm in the US next year.

Cognizant
December 6th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Nope but I love trains and have always wanted to take it down to SoCal sometime, before the high speed rail takes over

Melodic
December 10th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I've rode Amtrak a few times. Usually the trains have Wi-Fi. And they have a snack cart as well. It's pretty comfortable.

SethfromMI
December 10th, 2014, 04:05 PM
yea I have taken one from Ann Arbor to Chicago. it is a nice way to travel. on longer trips, you can even sometimes get a bed and they will have a dining car (in addition to the snack car) . the earlier you get your ticket the better on price. the one bad thing is depending when and where you traveling it may not cost much less than it would be to fly. so just see what your options are, but i would recommend it if the price is right

Failed Algebra
February 16th, 2015, 02:40 PM
The Amtrak Acela from Boston to NY to Washington is really good but expensive. Comfy seats, a little bit like airline business class. and there's a cafe car with simple food and drinks that's not too badly priced. oh and a quiet car where you can't use your cell phone. Otherwise you end up sitting next to some chick who spends the WHOLE ride talking to her friend on her phone about her failed dates.