PDA

View Full Version : New flowmaster exhaust

mrmee
December 1st, 2014, 08:15 PM
My '77 Chevy C20 Custom Deluxe 350 has just sounded a little to quiet lately. So how about going from stock manifolds and muffler and single exhaust to headers and dual Super 10 pro series? I want it to sound as close to straight pipes as possible, along with getting as much power out of it as possible while still staying street legal. So should i go for an X, H, or true dual? If true dual is legal in Pennsylvania? And do you know of any mufflers louder than a flowmaster super 10 pro series?

P.S. Since its a 3/4 ton 1977, it doesn't nave or need catalytic converters.

Professional Russian
December 1st, 2014, 08:22 PM
As far as I know true duals are legal....if they aren't well I have to go let some people i know know. Anyways though why would you want it louder? That just attracts cops and they're always bad news

mrmee
December 1st, 2014, 08:34 PM
As far as I know true duals are legal....if they aren't well I have to go let some people i know know. Anyways though why would you want it louder? That just attracts cops and they're always bad news

Its a jacked up '77 pickup with dixie horns. It already attracts attention. Plus there are no cops where i live any more. They got fired and the staties stay on the highways. And legal to have and street legal are two completely different things.

Professional Russian
December 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
Its a jacked up '77 pickup with dixie horns. It already attracts attention. Plus there are no cops where i live any more. They got fired and the staties stay on the highways. And legal to have and street legal are two completely different things.

DIXIE HORNS YOU TOOK MY IDEA DAMN IT.....anyways I'm pretty sure they're street legal. I know a couple guys that run them and well haven't gotten fined for that exact reason

mrmee
December 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
DIXIE HORNS YOU TOOK MY IDEA DAMN IT.....anyways I'm pretty sure they're street legal. I know a couple guys that run them and well haven't gotten fined for that exact reason

Ok, so assuming they are legal, are they the most efficient? I got the really loud horns that you can almost hear from a mile away too XD

Professional Russian
December 1st, 2014, 08:45 PM
Ok, so assuming they are legal, are they the most efficient? I got the really loud horns that you can almost hear from a mile away too XD

I don't know about efficiency I don't personally run them. I know they sound good....I also know the assholes I know like rev up when I'm talking to someone on my CB so they can't hear me....fucking assholes. Anyways for efficiency I'd assume either true duals or xs would be most efficient

By the way can you maybe link me to the loud dixie horns, its gonna be hard to hear when I buy my 7.3 next year ;)

mrmee
December 1st, 2014, 09:22 PM
I don't know about efficiency I don't personally run them. I know they sound good....I also know the assholes I know like rev up when I'm talking to someone on my CB so they can't hear me....fucking assholes. Anyways for efficiency I'd assume either true duals or xs would be most efficient

By the way can you maybe link me to the loud dixie horns, its gonna be hard to hear when I buy my 7.3 next year ;)

I guess ill just do true dual since im running the tips out in front of the rear wheels.

I found them in my friends shop an there was no packaging or model numbers. He said if they worked i could have them. Maybe he made them himself, i dunno.

LifeOfLove
December 1st, 2014, 09:27 PM
If you want something that sounds straight piped but is slightly milder, then do headers instead of stock manifolds (power increase and a little better sound) straight duals through an H pipe and into a a resonator on each side. Do a pipe that is a little larger than factory, but too big will decrease power, especially in the lower range. Headers should make a pretty good gain though, and sound better