PDA

View Full Version : Going to school

CreativeUsername
December 1st, 2014, 01:12 PM
I was going to my school, when I missed a week due to being sick. I missed another week because my anxiety got so bad that I couldn't go back. The school said I could come back at the start of the next term. I've been seeing a therapist to help me, and I take medication. Today I was supposed to go back to school, but the anxiety overwhelmed me, and I couldn't do it. Now, I might not be able to go back to that school, and I will have to start over at a new school, which will cause more anxiety. Does anybody know what to do?

dirtyboxer55
December 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM
hey i have an idea for you: go to school
seriously just ask yourself 'am i going to die if i do this?'

CreativeUsername
December 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
hey i have an idea for you: go to school
seriously just ask yourself 'am i going to die if i do this?'

You say you're the smartest person on VT. But if you were the smartest, than you would actually be able to come up with something helpful instead of being useless and unhelpful.

dirtyboxer55
December 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
You say you're the smartest person on VT. But if you were the smartest, than you would actually be able to come up with something helpful instead of being useless and unhelpful.

are you kidding? thats actually one thing that helps me when im anxious about something. i ask myself if im going to die from it, and if im not then i have no excuse not to do it (unless i dont want to ofc)

Uranus
December 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM

are you kidding? thats actually one thing that helps me when im anxious about something. i ask myself if im going to die from it, and if im not then i have no excuse not to do it (unless i dont want to ofc)

Both of you have good points. :)

About the anxiety, I'm not sure what you are going through, but you have done a good thing by going to a therapist. Try not to actually focus on the anxiety. Do other things that would draw your attention away from it. Talk to your therapist whenever you need to.

amgb
December 5th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I'm actually going through a very similar situation and what I've been trying to do is be as positive as I can and tell myself to try and relax a bit, and I know from experience it's really really hard not to worry, but my advice is maybe talk to someone about your worries? Someone you trust, maybe family or friends. Tell them your worries and let them know what you're comfortable with and what you're not comfortable with. And also, take things easy, don't be too hard on yourself, take things one step at a time (I know that's easier said than done) but I hope this helps at least a little.

Celtics
January 13th, 2015, 11:26 PM
I'm super late to this but oh well, I have really bad anxiety too and the best thing to do for me atleast is just to go even though it feels like your walking into hell x1000. It's never as bad as I think of it, even though it does suck a lot. But the longer you don't go the harder it is to go back.

tasminsmith
January 19th, 2015, 05:02 PM
ye I hate school maybe get your friend to go in by your side and just ignore everything your anxious of

rdaniel
July 8th, 2015, 07:41 AM
never retreat.life is very fast passes.u r most powefull.tell own i can.donot angry and anxiety...

staple123
July 10th, 2015, 08:38 AM
hey, this is my first reply and i made an acc to post this :o . So something very similar happened to me 1 year ago. i got sick then my anxiety made me feel sick and i wouldnt go to school. i stayed positive and went to school. once i was there though before the start of the lesson i broke down. what really helped me was that the teachers were understanding. What really made me get through it and solved my problem was taking it by steps.

- Go to school. Once you get there you have acomplished something and gotten something done. It will help you getting to school.
- Go to a lesson. I know this sounds basic but you need to do it and realise that there is nothing to be afraid of.
- Go to the rest of the lessons. You might not like it but it will help you.
- Go to school the next day. From going to school the previous day it will hopefully be easier the next day.

The main thing you need to do is go to school everyday to help relief the anxiety and fear which will make it easier for te next day and the next.

StoppingTom
July 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
hey, this is my first reply and i made an acc to post this :o . So something very similar happened to me 1 year ago. i got sick then my anxiety made me feel sick and i wouldnt go to school. i stayed positive and went to school. once i was there though before the start of the lesson i broke down. what really helped me was that the teachers were understanding. What really made me get through it and solved my problem was taking it by steps.

- Go to school. Once you get there you have acomplished something and gotten something done. It will help you getting to school.
- Go to a lesson. I know this sounds basic but you need to do it and realise that there is nothing to be afraid of.
- Go to the rest of the lessons. You might not like it but it will help you.
- Go to school the next day. From going to school the previous day it will hopefully be easier the next day.

The main thing you need to do is go to school everyday to help relief the anxiety and fear which will make it easier for te next day and the next.

This is actually really, really solid advice. Great post, and welcome :D

Babs
July 10th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Do not bump threads that have been inactive for over two months. :locked: