PDA

View Full Version : School tomorrow?

Hideous
December 1st, 2014, 12:55 AM
Hey guys, I need your help

I've been out of school for about two months now because of my anxiety and me being depressed just about every single day. I tell myself to get to school and learn but I get so anxious, I have these negatives thoughts. It usually ends up staying awake at night watching the clock tick till I have to get ready for school. I've had letters sent to my house about my absences and everytime someone mentions school, my head hurts and I feel awful. Today is the day I head to school because if I don't, they will force me to. I am afraid of how far behind I am in my studies, I didn't do well my last two years but managed to pass the school year. Everything is my fault. I brought myself here. I think all of this happened because I did not complete my projects and work on time and I felt like I could not make it up and I would fail the class, that's when I started skipping.

All I'm asking is, how do I just go and not be afraid? What do I say to my teachers? how am I going to bring up about my absences? What do I tell my friends? How am I going to pass junior year? What would I need to help cope with what I'm going through? It's almost the end of the first semester (there are two a year) perhaps around Jan or February. This has happened before but this time, I was out longer than usual. Please, I would love to return, but I don't want to end up harming myself again or having mental breakdowns every morning.

CharlieHorse
December 1st, 2014, 01:24 AM
With all of your concerns, i think you should go to your guidance counselor. They'll be able to do a lot more and give better advice regarding your situation than I or others I imagine...

I had a friend that missed 7 months of school, practically the whole year, and he's got his schedule organized to allow him to graduate on time. I bet you'll be ok too :)

James Dean
December 1st, 2014, 04:06 AM
At least try. Talk to your teachers, try to do extra credit work. Summer school might be an option. Don't lose hope, it's going to be fine. I suffer from extreme anxiety myself, I just have to deal with it. An education is a good thing to have in todays day and age. If you run into problems, as Charlie said go talk to a school superior. Make an effort at least, your future is important and I don't want you running away from it.

Hideous
December 18th, 2014, 01:16 AM
With all of your concerns, i think you should go to your guidance counselor. They'll be able to do a lot more and give better advice regarding your situation than I or others I imagine...

I had a friend that missed 7 months of school, practically the whole year, and he's got his schedule organized to allow him to graduate on time. I bet you'll be ok too :)

At least try. Talk to your teachers, try to do extra credit work. Summer school might be an option. Don't lose hope, it's going to be fine. I suffer from extreme anxiety myself, I just have to deal with it. An education is a good thing to have in todays day and age. If you run into problems, as Charlie said go talk to a school superior. Make an effort at least, your future is important and I don't want you running away from it.

Thank you so much for the advice. I actually did go to 5/7 of my classes (pretty late to school but my teachers understand me about my anxiety). It wasn't bad as I thought it would be, people were kind and respectful and welcomed me back. Now, I had someone walk with me to my other classes and I am relieved, but there's this one class I have yet to go to (and I will tomorrow) and it's Spanish class (I haven't been to that class since September). I am absolutely anxious and terrified to step into that class to take a seat. Either I just stay home or cut that class (it's early in the morning) and I would rather not do that. I just need help coping with the anxiety when I go into Spanish class. Overall, I'm happy I did go to school today and confronted my teachers even though some of their responses were unpleasant.

Any advice? :(