PDA

View Full Version : Never Happeneing Stories?

WhiteDragon
November 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Have you ever felt to write a long story?
- I know I've always wanted to, but I never go with it. Maybe a small start, but stop and never come back to it again.

You always would have some idea that you really want down, but you just never do it?
- I can't tell how often this happens to me, I have the imagination, but I don't really have the skills to write as well as the story that plays in my mind.

What's a favorite idea that you had?
- I think my would be of a pegasus and a dragon growing up together without any parents or family, living just by themselves in the land of nothing but forests and mountains.

Do you think we should be courage to keep trying to write something?
- I would love so, because I know that just myself alone I don't have too much motivation, but maybe if people really wanted to see what came next from your idea.

Anything else to add, go ahead and add, just try to keep related to the topic, you can even write a preview of a story you might want to write and see if anyone wants to start to courage you. I know I would : )

sweetcake
November 26th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I actually am writing a novel, I'm halfway through but now I'm having second thoughts about everything.. Guess right now I'm having a 'writers block'

BookSmart
November 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I always seem to make it about 50 pages in before I get stuck. In my most recent piece, I've just gotten so annoyed at my protagonist that I'm having trouble writing for her! At least I know I gave her enough character flaws lol!

WhiteDragon
November 27th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I actually am writing a novel, I'm halfway through but now I'm having second thoughts about everything.. Guess right now I'm having a 'writers block'

Why are you having second thoughts?

I always seem to make it about 50 pages in before I get stuck. In my most recent piece, I've just gotten so annoyed at my protagonist that I'm having trouble writing for her! At least I know I gave her enough character flaws lol!

It's funny because I usually never have that type of problem. When I write, it's like I'm sitting watching a movie play in my head and I don't know what's going to happen next, but it happens.

Please do not double post; use the 'multiquote' button instead. ~Typhlosion

BookSmart
November 27th, 2014, 08:01 AM
It's funny because I usually never have that type of problem. When I write, it's like I'm sitting watching a movie play in my head and I don't know what's going to happen next, but it happens.

I mean, I don't really have the whole story set in stone, but I guess I do have a rough idea of where I want it to go, and a few key plot points in mind. But still that protagonist is so uggggh.

WhiteDragon
November 27th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I mean, I don't really have the whole story set in stone, but I guess I do have a rough idea of where I want it to go, and a few key plot points in mind. But still that protagonist is so uggggh.

Haha, I see. Well I hope that eventually you'll get it the way you want it.

sweetcake
November 28th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Why are you having second thoughts?
Idk.. I mean I love the main plot, always have, but recently I found some major plotholes, and it's killing me to open it all up and rewrite it again. Ughh I really don't have the time anyways so..

WhiteDragon
November 30th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Idk.. I mean I love the main plot, always have, but recently I found some major plotholes, and it's killing me to open it all up and rewrite it again. Ughh I really don't have the time anyways so..

It doesn't have to be finished in a certain amount of time. One little bit here and there over a course of a long time period, it's eventually going to fill. No matter how little you do.

sweetcake
December 2nd, 2014, 09:53 AM
It doesn't have to be finished in a certain amount of time. One little bit here and there over a course of a long time period, it's eventually going to fill. No matter how little you do.
Thanks for the advice:) I know that whining around won't finish anything, but other than lack of time, I also have too many things that I should prioritize more.

WhiteDragon
December 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the advice:) I know that whining around won't finish anything, but other than lack of time, I also have too many things that I should prioritize more.

I know how you feel. And that's good. At least now you know, there is no such thing as there's nothing to do.

Saint of Sinners
December 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I swear to myself I'd finish it but I never seem to have the time to start-_-. Stupid procrastination.

WhiteDragon
December 19th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I swear to myself I'd finish it but I never seem to have the time to start-_-. Stupid procrastination.

Haha, it gets us all at somepoint. But maybe one day, it won't be that problem anymore because it is behind the finished story ^,=,^