PDA

View Full Version : Hurt & Heal Game: Rules, Nominations & Suggestions Thread

maniamsmart
November 25th, 2014, 10:28 AM
So I've decided to carry over a game that used to be really fun in some of the other forums I participated in, and it's called Hurt & Heal. Now I looked through about the last 7 or so pages on this forum section if there was a game like this already going and searched through the 'Search' option at the top of the site, and I didn't find anything. Hence, I am happy to introduce the game to you all.

RULES

Some of you may know how it goes, but let explain the rules. Basically you have a list of items, people, places, things, ideas, etc. and each of these has a certain amount of health. Kind of like in video games where things have a certain amount of health? Right. So the point of the game is to see which is the most popular among the group of items in the list. Players basically post two actions towards items that either hurt or heal it. Hurting an item on the list decreases its health by 4 points, and healing an item on the list increases its health by 2 points. Each poster can include two actions in their post, hence you could double heal, double hurt, or hurt/heal an item on the list.

The game ends when one item is left on the list, and it is declared the winner.

EXAMPLE

Let's say our list of items consists of colors, with the number indicating how much health each color has on the list:

Blue - 50
Green - 50
Yellow - 50

Poster #1:

Hurt Green, Heal Blue

Poster #2:

Heal Blue x2

Poster #3:

Hurt Green x2

Poster #4:

Hurt Yellow, Heal Green

After these actions, colors now stand as follows:

Blue - 56
Green - 40
Yellow - 48

NOTES

To avoid any spam or cheating, all users must wait for a user to post after they have posted to post again. Meaning you can't double post, you need to wait till someone posts after you, then you can post again.

If you want to talk in the game rather then just post your actions you may do so, but after you post your actions in the same post. Hence, you can do as follows:

Poster #5:

Heal Green x2

Yeah, I don't like Yellow that much either :P

Don't create another post to just write your chat or continue a conversation you are having during the game, you must post an action.

Anyway, if you have any questions about the rules please ask them in a post below.

ARCHIVE

Round 1: Seasons: (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218265)
Winner was Winter

HALL OF FAME

The following awards can be earned from participating in Hurt & Heal games.

The Activist: Participating the most in a round.
The Healer: Healing one item on the list the most in a round.
The Brutalizer: Showing no mercy and having strong determination to continuously hurt one item on the list in a round.
The Valiant: Bringing the most items on the list to zero points in a round.
The Loyalist: Showing continuous support towards one item on the list in a round.

Only one award can be received per round per user.

Round 1: Seasons
The Activist: Chaotic Trickster
The Healer: Typho
The Brutalizer: Typhlosion
The Valiant: N/A
The Loyalist: Toasted Cheese

Have any suggestions, nominations for the next round, comments or general discussions about the game, use this thread.

Hope you enjoy the idea and thanks for reading!

maniamsmart
November 26th, 2014, 01:46 PM
So I guess no one is really interested in this one... Weird, everyone used to play this on many other forums I went on. Oh well, I tried :)

Miserabilia
November 27th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I still don't get it ):

Luminous
November 27th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I get it. Looks fun. To keep track of the scores should we post the new scores in our post?
I don't have any preference on the three things.

maniamsmart
November 27th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I still don't get it ):

It's basically like a popularity voting game. Only that it's not voting, it's "attacking" and "healing" something and whatever is left standing last is the winner. So, for example let's say you're really into the Harry Potter series, and say that round 1 is about the Harry Potter characters and say that we have 10 characters on the list, and you really like Dumbledore, you're goal would obviously be to have him be the last character standing. So you would attack (hurt) everyone else and heal Dumbledore when you see him get attacked.

So if all the characters start out at 100 points. If someone hurts Dumbledore in their post his points would go down to 96, and if you decide to heal him after it will go back up to 98, (100, if you double heal). And every post you or someone else makes can only have 2 actions, so 2 heals, 2 hurts, or a heal and a hurt.

Think of it like Last Man Standing, only that all the users posting are the ones deciding who is the last one standing.

I get it. Looks fun. To keep track of the scores should we post the new scores in our post?
I don't have any preference on the three things.

It is going to be more than 3 things, lol, but I was just asking for a category anyone would like, for example like I stated in my quote above answering someone else, if Harry Potter Characters was the category we'd have a list of characters that people would want to see.

But if you don't have any category preference that is fine too, if not many people post picking a category I'll just pick one :P

Typhlosion
December 2nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Maaaan I haven't seen one of those here! Last time I saw one was on the last.fm forums with thrash metal bands. That was fun :lol:

Seasons are going on now: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218265

maniamsmart
December 2nd, 2014, 02:16 PM
Maaaan I haven't seen one of those here! Last time I saw one was on the last.fm forums with thrash metal bands. That was fun :lol:

Seasons are going on now: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218265

Is there anyway to change the title of the thread. I am not sure if this forum allows you to do it because I want to change this thread to the rules, suggestions, and nominations thread for all future rouns.

Typhlosion
December 2nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Is there anyway to change the title of the thread. I am not sure if this forum allows you to do it because I want to change this thread to the rules, suggestions, and nominations thread for all future rouns.

I could do that for you. What title would you prefer?

maniamsmart
December 2nd, 2014, 02:20 PM
I could do that for you. What title would you prefer?

Hurt & Heal Game: Rules, Nominations & Suggestions Thread

maniamsmart
December 6th, 2014, 01:25 AM
With round 1 over, we move on to round 2. So what did everyone think about the first round. Any suggestions, comments, discussions, nominations for round 2?

I was surprised at the support fall was getting but I think the supporters just weren't as active as the people who wanted winter to win :P

Typhlosion
December 6th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Fall > Winter anyways.

How about music genres / Pop artists?

Hudor
December 6th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I second music genres though i guess it will have to be more than four but not a lot more which could obviously be cumbersome.

Also what about different places/countries?

maniamsmart
December 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Both very good ideas and possible ones that I was thinking of myself. One thing that I will have to think about is either randomly making a list, or people saying what they want on the list because I don't want anyone's country left out :P Then again that would kind of defeat the purpose because then everyone who nominated their country will be healing their country and it would be predictable, so I am not sure how to go about it yet. Unless I get the list of random items on a list from say the top 10 most popular countries or artist or such like that.

maniamsmart
December 7th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fall > Winter anyways.

How about music genres / Pop artists?

Not sure if this version of vBulletin lets users do it, or if mods can do it, or whatnot, but is this possible?

Edit the first post to include a poll.
Have the poll up for a few days.
Remove the poll after.
And repeat the process every week or so.

I know it was possible in an earlier version on another forum I was on and on other forums with a different platform service, but I am not sure if it's changed.

Typhlosion
December 8th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Not sure if this version of vBulletin lets users do it, or if mods can do it, or whatnot, but is this possible?

Edit the first post to include a poll.
Have the poll up for a few days.
Remove the poll after.
And repeat the process every week or so.

I know it was possible in an earlier version on another forum I was on and on other forums with a different platform service, but I am not sure if it's changed.

I'm fairly sure that this is not possible on VT. Sorry.

I second music genres though i guess it will have to be more than four but not a lot more which could obviously be cumbersome.

We could have four at a time, when one either dies or is saved a new genre comes in until they run out.

maniamsmart
December 8th, 2014, 02:06 AM
I'm fairly sure that this is not possible on VT. Sorry.

Aww, okay, well I am going to set up round 2 tomorrow let's see if anyone else posts here.

Most likely I am going to have a list of music genres, maybe around 8 or so and have them all listed at once.

maniamsmart
December 8th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Round 2 (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3005360#post3005360) has begun!

Typhlosion
December 17th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Suggestion: When some category reaches 100, it wins. If, for example, 3 people like X and are healing X while some other person is the only one hurting X, the game could go on endlessly.

maniamsmart
December 17th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Suggestion: When some category reaches 100, it wins. If, for example, 3 people like X and are healing X while some other person is the only one hurting X, the game could go on endlessly.

Only reason why I don't want to do that is because if two people are online all day, and just go back and forth healing, they can make one item win, and the round could be over in a day. I like the idea though of granting an item that reaches 100 a benefit. So maybe a buff towards that item?

Typhlosion
December 17th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Only reason why I don't want to do that is because if two people are online all day, and just go back and forth healing, they can make one item win, and the round could be over in a day. I like the idea though of granting an item that reaches 100 a benefit. So maybe a buff towards that item?

The same way two people could just kill one item, and even faster at that!
I'm not sure how a buff would work.

maniamsmart
December 17th, 2014, 10:12 PM
The same way two people could just kill one item, and even faster at that!
I'm not sure how a buff would work.

True but killing one item faster would not end the game, healing one all the way up would. And I am thinking about, I'll implement something like it though in round 3.