PDA

View Full Version : Story development

ksdnfkfr
November 24th, 2014, 01:57 AM
I want to write a fantasy story where the main character is based on me. Basically a lot of fact with fantasy added to it. It will center around the new peculiar town he's moved too, which will exact descriptions of my actual new town. I'm going to barrow from a couple of other towns and move the lighthouse that's in the next town to the south nearby, and the same thing with the city hall building in the next town over to the east. Interestingly enough I just discovered a show that looks like it might have the same premise I'm planning http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3496764/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 But I won't watch it of course. I think I'll put a character based on my cousin Liam in it too and they'll explore and investigate stuff together (like we explore my town in real life). Like a lot of people with autism I'm better at fact than fiction, so that's why I'm leaning so heavily on stuff that already exists. And I also really want to write about the really cool town I moved to, including the kinda spooky old house we live in.

The main character will be an autistic boy who picks up on things others don't. The setting will be a coastal town in the Pacific Northwest, with interesting old buildings, a big old fancy hotel, city hall, courthouse with a clock tower, old library, nearby lighthouse, lots of trains and a fancy train station, an old cemetery with ornate tombstones and crypts and also open fields and a large patch of forest nearby. All of which exist around where I live. Plus unusual people; neighbors, shopkeepers, librarian, teacher etc.

I don't really have a plot yet outside of a mysterious adult character with a plot twist regarding his identity.

NeuroTiger
November 24th, 2014, 06:33 AM
It sounds exciting...I prefer real life stories. ;)

Jason The Great
November 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
i think its great! But such a perfect ingridients need a neat story ( AND plot in first place ) to become something good. When i write i just let my mind take me whereever it pleases , and it ends up with great story!