PDA

View Full Version : Quick vegetarian dish?

Atom
November 20th, 2014, 03:27 AM
So I'm starting university in the next 2 weeks and will have to start cooking for myself. Can you guys advise me something vegetarian that I can make really fast and with as little effort as possible? I hate food in general (if I could I wouldn't be eating at all) so I don't want to waste time on making it...

James Dean
November 20th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Do you like Tofu? There are lots of options you can do with that, but I don't know if you like the taste of it.

Maybe see if there is a vegan friendly store near you and buy things from there.

If you are really in a bind, you can always do Vegetarian Pizza or lasagna or pasta. Noodle and veggies.

Typhlosion
November 20th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Pasta - It's jyst pasta and sauce, done in ten minutes.
Lentil burgers - on the weekend, prepare a lot of dough and then just fry whenever you're hungry
Omelet - can't go wrong with that.

Personally, I abandoned vegetarianism by necessity on college. It starts getting really impractical without your mom cooking or time.

Uranus
November 20th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Making vegetarian foods will take more effort than you think. Just make regular foods. There's a wide variety of non-vegetarian foods that are very easy to make.

Typhlosion
November 20th, 2014, 02:03 PM
You can always rely on grilled cheese in the morn'

Making vegetarian foods will take more effort than you think. Just make regular foods. There's a wide variety of non-vegetarian foods that are very easy to make.
You do realize...

A) Non-vegetarianism isn't a choice for everyone (for an example, my father CAN'T eat meat)
B) The person may not want to eat meat
C) A lot of dishes aren't meat based, and removing/substituting the meat isn't that hard
D) He said vegetarian, not vegan

NeuroTiger
November 20th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Try lasagna if you have an oven or pasta.

Nayef.al
November 29th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I like to make omelete with mixed vegetable ( frozen mix vegetable )

Abyssal Echo
November 29th, 2014, 08:11 PM
I like to make hummus. its all natural and only takes a few mins to make.