PDA

View Full Version : Think Im schizo after smoking weed.

HomicidalWaffle
November 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Ok so just about a month ago I smoked weed (I had done it several times before, but never enjoyed it). Ever since then, I've felt like everything is fake except for when I'm in my house and in school. However, when I'm outside everything seems unreal and it really freaks me out... The more I think about it the more I make myself believe I'm schizophrenic..... Do u guys think this is all in my mind or is the really somethin wrong with me?? :what:

Uranus
November 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
It's your mind. Just try not to think about it. It'll pass in time

Babs
November 18th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Weed shouldn't have that affect, at all. It's either you smoked something synthetic, or laced with something and it's temporarily messing with your mind, or it's all in your head. Perhaps it's a coincidence but weed in itself won't just give you a mental illness that severe.

Daracon
November 21st, 2014, 04:00 AM
There have been cases where people got schizophrenia after smoking weed, but only if there has been a family history of schizophrenia. There is a documentary called The Downside of High, if you are interested.

LoganP1
February 2nd, 2015, 11:11 PM
Medical science states that there has never been a discovered cause of Schizophrenia, though it can be linked to family history with the illness at times. Also, Schizophrenia itself is so hard to diagnose that I can't really base an opinion from what you've stated. You were a bit vague with things, and there could be a lot of things that cause that deluded feeling of nothing being real. I'd research the illness and try to pinpoint what symptoms you do and don't have. After that, if you still believe you could have it, you should seek a medical professional to give you a credible diagnosis.

There was also a study to conduct if marijuana could be an underlining cause for Schizophrenia, and they found very little support that it does indeed cause it.

“The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself,” note the researchers.

Akatosh
February 12th, 2015, 01:09 PM
That sounds more like depersonalization to me; you'll be fine in a week. Try grounding yourself, do things that are hands-on and require you to interact physically. That said, I've definitely shown symptoms of schizophrenia while smoking before. I heard extremely loud screams for a solid half hour after smoking a particularly large amount of a particularly strong strain.

ChaosEarthquake
March 11th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Where'd you get the weed from?
Who grew it?
Did they tamper it?
Do you trust them?

Schizophrenia doesn't really happen from weed, but something else could have happened.

Luminous
March 11th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Medical science states that there has never been a discovered cause of Schizophrenia, though it can be linked to family history with the illness at times. Also, Schizophrenia itself is so hard to diagnose that I can't really base an opinion from what you've stated. You were a bit vague with things, and there could be a lot of things that cause that deluded feeling of nothing being real. I'd research the illness and try to pinpoint what symptoms you do and don't have. After that, if you still believe you could have it, you should seek a medical professional to give you a credible diagnosis.

There was also a study to conduct if marijuana could be an underlining cause for Schizophrenia, and they found very little support that it does indeed cause it.

“The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself,” note the researchers.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more. :locked: