PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle over hall.

CosmicNoodle
November 17th, 2014, 07:10 PM
This is my bike:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/robinsonjoe45/20140930_141155_zps04c9a022.jpg

And it's staring to get rough round the edges. It need an over hall, so that's what I'm going to do...

I want to rebuild my bike. Completely strip it down, to the bare frame, spray it all with rattle cans, and rebuild it. And put it back together as a rat bike.
I want to paint the body work in matt black, much like this:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/f9/0e/8f/f90e8fd718e941c5728670eb05277fc0.jpg
But without the decal, and have this instead:
http://www.iconsdb.com/icons/preview/white/star-7-xxl.png

I want to spray the frame in rust proof paint because the stock stuff is starting to peel off. I want to put red rim tape on the side of the wheels. Also, I want to spray the instrument panel gun metal grey and use letter and numer stamps with some paint for the writing, to give it that classic look. And one last thing, I want to paint the engine black appart from the crank and clutch casing, with red paint on the tips of the heat fins. Right, that's the looks done.
Similar to this:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00GCvTWLtrukba/Motorcycle-Engine-Jinba-Middl-Black-edge-white-R-.jpg
(it will look just like that but where the fins on the engine are silver, that will be red pin stripes.)

Mechanical changes:

I want to get a K&N air filter, I wan't my engine to be able to breath, I want to take the stock pipes, and simply cut off the baffle and muff, make it into a straight pipe, gotta love dem straight pipes, plus that should add about 2 or 2.5BHp at the back wheel, which on a bike like mine is a LOT.

I also wan't to completely rebuild the top end of the engine, tit around with the valve timing and get a plug with a hotter spark, and get some fresh oil. Also, I want to replace the front brake calliper and pads to some with more bite, mine lack that, you're never sure when they are engaging.

Lastly, I want to take the front forks apart and replace the seals (both sides are bust) and put some new fork oil in there along with some firmer springs.

Phew, that was a lot. I hope I get to do it.

Uranus
November 17th, 2014, 07:20 PM
That's a really nice bike man!(What's the make and model ?) I think your new additions will add a nice touch! I'm not really a bike guy but you're slowly changing me over to bike lover :P

CosmicNoodle
November 17th, 2014, 07:27 PM
That's a really nice bike man!(What's the make and model ?) I think your new additions will add a nice touch! I'm not really a bike guy but you're slowly changing me over to bike lover :P

Come to the bike side, we have cookies. It's a Yamaha YBR Custom 125cc. Surprising amount of torque, top end of 75mph, 300LBs wet, very, very comfortable.

That's an Idea, don't get a car, get a bike, you will not regret it, cars are dull in comparison.

Uranus
November 17th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Come to the bike side, we have cookies. It's a Yamaha YBR Custom 125cc. Surprising amount of torque, top end of 75mph, 300LBs wet, very, very comfortable.

That's an Idea, don't get a car, get a bike, you will not regret it, cars are dull in comparison.

@&#!&@@%&@#%$&#% What?! Cookies?! Yummy!!!!! Wait....i like pizza though. I get pizza by driving a car... ^.^

Wait....what about a car And bike?!

Anyways that's pretty cool man! When you get finished you should put some pictures up so we can see it! And the bike lover with it!

Michael75
December 7th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I'm not really into upgrading bikes! I'd maybe stick a set of cans on my bike, maybe a quick shifter if she's sporty-ish. But shit yeah, that'll bike will look class with that on it!

CosmicNoodle
December 7th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I'm not really into upgrading bikes! I'd maybe stick a set of cans on my bike, maybe a quick shifter if she's sporty-ish. But shit yeah, that'll bike will look class with that on it!

If I want a new can I'd have to get it custom made :/ You can't get them after market for this bike :(
Also, quick shifter is out of the question, used one, don't like it, I can quick shift on my own well enough.

Michael75
December 7th, 2014, 09:09 PM
If I want a new can I'd have to get it custom made :/ You can't get them after market for this bike :(
Also, quick shifter is out of the question, used one, don't like it, I can quick shift on my own well enough.

I laughed, you can get an Akrapovic for the Honda monkey bike kinda thing, the MSX! I've never tried a quick shifter, and i can see where your coming from with shifting quick enough on your own, when im going up the road 'drying off' das bike (btw he has two, the varadero 1000, and a yamaha fazer 600, im talking about the fazer now) my shifts seem quick enough!

CosmicNoodle
December 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I laughed, you can get an Akrapovic for the Honda monkey bike kinda thing, the MSX! I've never tried a quick shifter, and i can see where your coming from with shifting quick enough on your own, when im going up the road 'drying off' das bike (btw he has two, the varadero 1000, and a yamaha fazer 600, im talking about the fazer now) my shifts seem quick enough!

Every bike in the world seems to have after market parts, apart from mine, I managed to buy the world least customisable bike. I actually like the Monkey bike, look up "honda monkey bike 50cc", and go to images, I want to do a tour of France and Germany on one of those :P Stupid idea I know.

Michael75
December 7th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Every bike in the world seems to have after market parts, apart from mine, I managed to buy the world least customisable bike. I actually like the Monkey bike, look up "honda monkey bike 50cc", and go to images, I want to do a tour of France and Germany on one of those :P Stupid idea I know.

I think there was some girl from northern ireland who actually toured the world on a honda 90...... fair play! :D

mrmee
December 16th, 2014, 09:41 PM
What if i put a bike in the bed of my truck, with a car on a trailer behind?

CosmicNoodle
December 17th, 2014, 08:52 AM
What if i put a bike in the bed of my truck, with a car on a trailer behind?

Well then you'll have a truck with a bike in it and a car on a trailer, what are you asking? That's more of a statement...