PDA

View Full Version : How good a driver are you?

Cognizant
November 14th, 2014, 07:24 PM
If you were to rate yourself on your driving ability? What would you give yourself?

Have you ever gotten a ticket or been in an accident? Do you obey every single law religiously?
---

I'd rate myself a 6 or 7 - I'm generally mindful of the directions and rules and don't accelerate like I'm driving to the emergency room, but I have issues with following the speed limits on higher speed roads (e.g. I'll go 75-80MPH on a 65 zone highway). I'm mindful of limits on lower speed roads (I'll go 35-40 in a 35), and I dont steal others right of way. My dad and friends say I'm also really aggressive and am quick to tap the horn, flash my high beams, or tailgate people in the fast lane -all of which I guess I could agree with. :P

Uranus
November 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I've never been in an accident.
I've never gotten a ticket.

I don't obey the laws of driving at all.
I go 55-60 in most 35mph roads.
I go 75-80 in some 55mph roads.
I cut people off alot.
I'm not afraid to lay down the pedal and get in front of someone.
I always pass people in 2 lane roads because they're too slow.
In complete traffic jams on the interstate I'll go way up the line and go right in front of someone.
And I'm simply not afraid of anyone.
Only time I obey the law is if there's a cop.
But when there's no cops....

...Fast and furious baby!!!!!

Truth be told... I'd illegally street race if I can win some money.
I'm an aggressive driver. And I'm not a pussy. Try and race me. :D

Karkat
November 14th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I don't have a license, but shit, I'm always torn between so nervous that I can hardly move and nearly killing us all.

I don't feel safe in a car :P I always get so nervous.

I'm sure I'll get better with time, but the thought of driving is kinda terrifying to me XD

CosmicNoodle
November 14th, 2014, 07:46 PM
5 or 6.

Fairly good, I'm considerate, I let people out, I make sure I'm not in peoples way, I'm sure to follow the rules. But speed limits....ohh boy...speed limits....I rarely follow them. As far as I'm concerned, there is how fast you can legally go, and how fast you can safely go.

Also, like Lost Cause, I'm quick to use the horn (well, on bikes a lot of people rev there engine to the limiter because it's loud as fuck and a lot easier)

Snydergate
November 14th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I give myself a five. I am neither good or bad in my mind

chrisawesome
November 15th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Pretty damn good. If I can drive 80 or 90 max and not get in an accident I may as well drive for Nascar. I can be quite aggressive though, you drive slow in the passing lane, run your turn at a stop sign, or drag your ass I will definitely tailgate you. You void my right away I am taking a quick nap on the horn. If you think 90 is fast try 157! On a dragstrip of course!

Other than that I can avoid wrecks better than anyone going 60 or so.

You cut corners on curves and throw rocks from the shoulder massacring my bumper and can't keep it between the lines oh you bet your ass I will cut you off. Don't worry you can't hit me I'm probably passing your 60 mph ass going 85! Get the hell out the way. And yes I do own the road. I have a 2005 911. Well...my dad's 911. He gave it to me, oh the racecar driver driving too. Lol

James Dean
November 15th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I am a five. I didn't want to get my license. I was kinda forced to learn how to drive. I mean I like driving, but my family always criticises me when I do drive. They say I go too fast, or don't turn my head enough. Ugh. You drive then, let me drive and shut up.

I mean I rather walk or take the bus. If I do drive, I drive super fast because I'm in a car. lol.

Abyssal Echo
November 15th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I'm about a 6 - 7 I follow the laws in town. The speed limit on my street is 45 I'm not really in a hurry to get anywhere but I speed on my street and other back roads (55 - 60) like everyone else.

SethfromMI
November 15th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I am pretty good, I suck at parallel parking though lol

Professional Russian
November 15th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Well I mean I drive like an asshole....if you don't move I have enough horses to move you out of my way so I mean on a scale of can I do it I'd say 7 or 8 on a scale of are you an asshole driver im definitely a 10

Hollywood
November 15th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I'd like to think I'm a decent driver. I try to abide by the whole "golden rule" thing when I'm on the roads, letting people over, turning my high beams off when there's someone approaching in the opposite lane, moving to the left lane when approaching an exit and whatnot. And I never tailgate because that pisses me off to no end.

I don't much care for speed limits, but I'll never go more than 10 mp/h over if I can help it.

CrazyPerson101
November 15th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Im.... there are no words for me, It REALLY depends on my mood, If I'm pissed, I floor it and drive extremely fast ... ( Really bad road rage ) :whoops: but normally, I guess 7. It really depends on my mood though, you'd be surprised how fast you can make a 25 year old minivan move....

Dennis98
November 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I am not going to talk about myself in superlative , not just about this , but about anything . Every person should know own qualities , and not to be so superlative in subjective . So , I would say 6-7 .

mrmee
November 16th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Wait, i thought speed limits were a suggestion. Along with having a license... and being of legal age. Im my opinion, if you have keys and skill to control the vehicle, your good to go. That plus we don't have any cops because the townies got fired and the staties stay to their highways. Either way, dirt roads were made for drifting, that long stretch outside town is unofficially claimed as the dragstrip, country roads are made for seeing how fast you can go and take the corners, and town streets are for goin slow and showin off your ride.
As for other people? Ya, no. On a back road, ill just pass you, because i will be going at least 20mph faster than you. In town, do not cut me off, or i will ram into you because im bigger (old steel pickup) soo it'll hurt you a lot more than it'll hurt me, and because everyone is a redneck here so it s acceptable. In shitties (a.k.a. cities) if you sit in front of me too long, your getting pushed out if the way. Then theres school busses. Fly past em blasting the dixie horns XD. Yea, people dont like driving with me. lol
As for actual skill, i can go exactly the speed limit if i want to, haul 52' trailers through town, and basically put the vehicle wherever i feel like.

Paladino
November 17th, 2014, 03:24 AM
My friend gave me a shot of his car and I nearly crashed, so I'll give my self a 1 for now.

rioo
November 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I did driving practice with instructor today, so yeah hope to get my license soon. but traffic here is just damn.

sebastianb
November 19th, 2014, 10:44 PM
im a decent driver

Cognizant
November 23rd, 2014, 11:48 PM
I did driving practice with instructor today, so yeah hope to get my license soon. but traffic here is just damn.

Try the SF Bay, bro. It took me 35 minutes to get from my dads house to my mom's place only 3 miles away in rush hour traffic :P

Plane And Simple
November 24th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Some of these replies are actually quite funny.

I don't drive officially yet, but I've known how to since age 6. I know how to safely operate a car and motorcycle, and if I drove in the open road I would most likely stick to the speed limits and follow the rules overall, but I do not hold any respect for drivers that don't follow them AND put me in danger.

CharlieHorse
November 24th, 2014, 01:24 AM
I rated myself a 2 because i don't have a license.

However, put me on a track with a McLaren and i'll burn some rubber! :D http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/52b0b97e69bedd032c9b44ca/mclaren-could-replace-windshield-wipers-with-a-sound-based-force-field.jpg

Starling City
November 24th, 2014, 02:38 AM
I think I'm a fine enough driver, probably coming in at a 7 or 8.

xXl0sth0peXx
November 24th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I'd consider myself good. I'm mindful of speed limits, and while I don't necessarily go 25 in a 25, I don't go 45 or anything outrageous. I've run a red light twice (both by accident because I zoned out at night, oops.) and I've rolled a few stop signs, but otherwise, I stop when I need to stop and I'm mindful of speed limits and avoid tagating and even (legally) passing under most circumstances. I did rear end someone but well shit happens. I've been licensed for almost 2 years and driving for almost 2.5 years and I've got no points or citations or anything, so I'd say I'm good. Not perfect, but it is a lot of common sense.

Call Me Josh
December 2nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
I think of myself as a good driver; everyone else who has been with me while I drove agrees. Although I don't like to park; I always drive into the park space, and back out, because I don't like backing in. :whoops:

Karkat
December 2nd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Update: I'm really improving, but I still suck :P

makyoch
February 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I'm an excellent driver in that I am in complete control of the car I'm driving, though I need a bit more confidence driving in traffic.

Kacchon
February 5th, 2015, 01:51 AM
I'd say about a 4. I don't have very much experience, but I try to follow the rules as much as I can and stay within the speed limit (although that may be because going 5-10 miles over is a guaranteed ticket here and most people in my town are like 65+ lol). Still don't have my license though :(

Ouija
February 5th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Usually i'm a solid 6, but really whatever is halfway decent on a driving scale. I've already gotten a ticket and I'd say that I'm very aware, so that mistake still upsets me. I also do this thing where I either park a long walking distance away from the building or spend 10 minutes driving around if there's not a parking spot that I can pull straight out of. Just don't like backing out. And parking BETWEEN cars? Forget it, haha.

Melodic
February 5th, 2015, 03:17 AM
I voted a 1 because I don't drive. I'm amazing at Bumper Cars though! :)

Infidelitas
February 12th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I can reverse an 18 wheeler truck into where ever I want it.

My uncle is a truck driver and he gave me a go once.

Meh Guy
February 12th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I'd say 8, but then again, I'm rating my driving skill, not how I drive. If I were rating that I'd say like 6 or 7 since I've only been driving for about 1 and a half years

cami
February 12th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I tried once in the country and I barely could get the truck to start lol
-10 I would say.

Katie96xox
February 13th, 2015, 09:25 AM
i've failed my driving test four times now so i must be pretty crap at it

Suicune
February 16th, 2015, 02:26 PM
I'd give myself an 8 because I'm really serious about driving safely during the day and when I'm with passengers but I'm admittedly more lenient late at night when nobody's on the road and I usually drive 5 mph over the speed limit, even though everybody does that.