PDA

View Full Version : Abstract?

dontfiguremeout
November 12th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Is there anything called abstract photography? I think there really wouldn't be abstract for photography since everything in a photo is so direct. If there is, may I please see some abstract photography and why it's abstract?

ImCoolBeans
November 12th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Abstract art is any art that does not attempt to represent anything more profound than it's form, shape, color, texture, repetition. Abstract photography would be photos that do not have clear subjects that are separate from the rest of the photo. For example, a close up photo of the texture of a lambs wool could be considered an abstract photo, as well as a photo of the texture and lines of a brick wall. I don't think it's usually called abstract photography, as they may be classified as other "types" of photography. The two examples I gave could be considered macro photography, which is why they may not be classified as "abstract."

CosmicNoodle
November 12th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Abstract art is any art that does not attempt to represent anything more profound than it's form, shape, color, texture, repetition. Abstract photography would be photos that do not have clear subjects that are separate from the rest of the photo. For example, a close up photo of the texture of a lambs wool could be considered an abstract photo, as well as a photo of the texture and lines of a brick wall. I don't think it's usually called abstract photography, as they may be classified as other "types" of photography. The two examples I gave could be considered macro photography, which is why they may not be classified as "abstract."

Ye, Mike hit the nail on the head.

JamesSuperBoy
November 12th, 2014, 01:20 PM
There are some examples here

http://www.thephotoargus.com/inspiration/40-astounding-examples-of-abstract-photography/

The we can have examples pf digital pics used as a source for further work