PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety

koolkidz
November 10th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Anxiety runs in my family.
Unfortunately I have ADHD which somewhat makes my anxiety a severe case...
I regularly have panic attacks which sometimes result in me feel like dying.
I get it so severe I don't want to leave the house.
What really triggers it is when I get a phone call from an unknown number, or a number that isn't registered in my phone... I don't know what it is I just hate having anxiety so much I want to take something called Rescue Remedy which relaxes you but the problem is it's so expensive and my mum hid our bottle of it in fear I would have a panic attack and down the whole thing...
I don't even want to go to school anymore I just want to lie in bed where nothing can scare or hurt me... Any tips on dealing with this? I am already seeing a therapist.

queenofcontrariety
November 10th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Are you currently being medicated for the ADHD? because I personally know that adderal can cause an adverse toxicity and cause serious anxiety, that's what happened to my brother. There's an herbal route you can try which I'm pretty sure is called calm child, if the therapy isn't enough that is. Try things like tea, or just changing your breathing patterns when you feel yourself getting anxious. The real key is getting out there in the world, because if you spend enough time out there you might gradually realize that it there isn't a whole lot to get worked up over. Just keep breathing, the world keeps turning and do what you can to stay a part of it

CreativeUsername
November 11th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I have anxiety also, although it's not as bad as you are describing. Like Haley said, try changing your breathing, and sometimes all you have to do is just take deep breathes. I also find that sometimes if you try and push through whatever is making you anxious can make you realize that things aren't as bad as you think. I have no idea what if that will work for you, but that's what has worked for me in the past. Hope this helps.

ksdnfkfr
November 11th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I agree with what Haley said. Some meds can make cause panic attacks. I have found going to bed early and getting enough sleep helps both my anxiety and ADHD. I know what you mean by the phone, it always makes my heart race for some reason. Deep breathing and cold water help me some when I get an attack.

koolkidz
November 11th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone and Erza I'm happy that I'm not the only person that gets all anxious over the phone thing aha