PDA

View Full Version : My flying vids

Gumleaf
November 6th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Almost a month ago I flew from Sydney to Melbourne on a Qantas Boeing 767-300. One of the last remaining 767's in the Qantas fleet. I was able to record the take off and landing. Both vids show good views of both cities.

The take off is heading north and then turning to the east with views of the harbour and city. Immediately after take off you see the international terminal and the domestic terminals at the bottom of the screen. Once the plane turns we are looking north towards the city and harbour and then the eastern suburbs as we head offshore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdojrmxCKWY

In the landing video we firstly cross over the northern suburbs of Melbourne with views of the city and bay. Then we pass over the north western suburbs, then turning to the north to land. After landing, the terminals are on the opposite side, but views of a taxiing Qantas B737, a parked Emirates B777 and a Singapore Airlines A380 also parked along with a Vietnam Airlines plane taxiing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2n1oPbuXU4

kissban
November 6th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Nice vids! :cool: :yeah: :yes:
more pls... :yummy:

Paladino
November 6th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Used to watch videos like this all the time before I had been on a plane to see what it was like haha! Nice one!

CosmicNoodle
November 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I'm a total Aerosexual, I love everything to do with planes (favourite is the iconic and ever loved SR-71), but I've never actually been on a plane.

Cool videos, shame to see the 767's are dieing out. But hell, at least we still have the metal as fuck A380 (if you can describe any plane OTHER than the sr-71 as metal as fuck)

Bmble_B
November 6th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Nice vids! :cool: :yeah: :yes:
more pls... :yummy:

Nice vids! And he ^ scares me

rioo
November 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Melbourne seems cool

CrazyPerson101
November 6th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Nice Videos :3 If you can, post some more ( If you can :p ) Although I am surprised that those could be filmed, don't the phones and all the electronics mess around with the airplane's equipment ?

Malcolm Tucker
November 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Although I am surprised that those could be filmed, don't the phones and all the electronics mess around with the airplane's equipment ?

No, they don't. They don't even operate on the same frequency as the aircraft's equipment.

Abyssal Echo
November 6th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Nice Videos Stephen!
sZrgxHvNNUc

CrazyPerson101
November 6th, 2014, 07:41 PM
No, they don't. They don't even operate on the same frequency as the aircraft's equipment.

Ohhhh okay, I thought it was that way on all planes .....

Malcolm Tucker
November 7th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Ohhhh okay, I thought it was that way on all planes .....

Nope. It's all changed now anyway, you can use what you want (airline dependent) at all stages, such as iPods etc. during takeoff and landing, so long as they are in flight mode.

Gumleaf
November 7th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Nice Videos :3 If you can, post some more ( If you can :p ) Although I am surprised that those could be filmed, don't the phones and all the electronics mess around with the airplane's equipment ?

Nope. It's all changed now anyway, you can use what you want (airline dependent) at all stages, such as iPods etc. during takeoff and landing, so long as they are in flight mode.

I should be able to post some more in a few days as I upload them.
On the topic of what is allowed and isn't, the Australian laws on usage changed a few months back and now Qantas and Virgin Australia (and perhaps other carriers too) allow you to keep your phone/ipod on during take off and landing as long as it is running on flight mode. All other electronics such as laptops etc still have to be switched off during take off and landing, but can be used during flight. Therefore since I have an IPhone with flight mode, I could record these flights.

CrazyPerson101
November 7th, 2014, 01:47 PM

Ahhhh okay that makes sense

I should be able to post some more in a few days as I upload them.
On the topic of what is allowed and isn't, the Australian laws on usage changed a few months back and now Qantas and Virgin Australia (and perhaps other carriers too) allow you to keep your phone/ipod on during take off and landing as long as it is running on flight mode. All other electronics such as laptops etc still have to be switched off during take off and landing, but can be used during flight. Therefore since I have an IPhone with flight mode, I could record these flights.

Thanks for clearing this up, I haven't tide a plane in years so I wasn't sure if you could do it or not. :3