PDA

View Full Version : Ptsd?

michaelnero
November 6th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Hi, I think I might have posttraumatic stress disorder. In 2010-2011 there were a series of horrible earthquakes in my city, causing death and basically ruining my town. Due to this disaster I lost my house that I grew up in and also my dog died due to the earthquake. Now everytime I hear the word earthquake, imagine there being another earthquake, get a flashback of the earthquake and think of my old house and everything before the quake I freeze and find it difficult to breathe and cry a lot. I don't know if I should talk to a doctor or my parents as I'm not the kind of person to open up to people that aren't my friends etc. What do you guys think I should do because I hate feeling so afraid

CosmicNoodle
November 6th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Go tk a doctor and tell him, it does sound like PTSD or some similar problem. If you can't hear that word without that reaction that's a serious problem

MattyMattyy
January 2nd, 2015, 08:56 PM
ad to hear about your town and your dog, etc. It sounds like you probably do have PTSD as they're triggered by events like this. I personally think you should talk to your parents and see if they can help you. If they don't then try arrange to see a councillor or go for some psychiatry sessions. If it is constantly dawning on your mind then try to listen to happy music to distract your mind. I hope you start to feel not so afraid. If it starts to become a huge problem, you may want to think about moving away from the coats and more inland. Hope this helps.