PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this idea?

Snydergate
November 5th, 2014, 09:21 PM
This is going to be a set of 4 novels, a quadrilogy. I have already written the first and am almost done with the second. They are historical fiction with a mix of fantasy.
It is set in Europe in the year 1347 when the Black Death first hit. But instead of the plague we heard about, its zombies!
My novels follow a group of knights who fled London after it was overrun and sailed the the mainland to find a safehaven. The first novel is their journey from London to the city of Lyon in southern France. Although the zombies are a very big threat, the main villains are a group of people they come across. These people are Plague Doctors, they were a real group of people who wore masks that resembled birds and helped sick people during the time. Although in my novels they are the main villains and are trying to progress the plague in an effort to take over Europe with the help of the Teutonic Knights in Poland.
My biggest inspirations for this was the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and history itself. I did massive research before writing and other than the zombies and plague doctors, it is historically accurate.
The second novel follows their journey through the Alps and then North into Poland where they come across the Teutonic Knights and the main center of operations for the Plague Doctors.
The Third novel will take place mostly in Lithuania
The fourth and final will take place in Lithuania as well and take place a few years after the first three, an epilogue of sorts. I liked to keep the feeling of Game of thrones with the "No character is safe" sort of thing, anyone can die, no matter how important they are. Does this spark interest in any fantasy, historical fiction, or zombie lovers out there? Be gentle if you don't like it. I couldn't explain it all thoroughly.
I gave the first book to a few friends and they all said they enjoyed reading it. I hope to get it published someday or, one of my friends said it would make a good graphic novel.

Captain Canada
November 6th, 2014, 07:36 AM
This looks awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a 14th century zombie apocalypse yet :P I would definitely read it

Luminous
November 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
That actually sounds really cool! The plot is very unique, but has elements of well-liked storylines, so if you ever get it published it will draw in readers of all different types and backgrounds. How long have you been working on this?

HockeyLovesMe
November 6th, 2014, 09:31 AM
im also writing a book with my friend im about halfway done it I think I got about 200 pages in but this sounds really great I mean who doesn't like knights and zombies! u can publish your book on your own at amazon, something to check out im also gonna get mine published there I don't care how bad it is lol. looking forward to reading yours!! :)

Snydergate
November 6th, 2014, 04:37 PM
That actually sounds really cool! The plot is very unique, but has elements of well-liked storylines, so if you ever get it published it will draw in readers of all different types and backgrounds. How long have you been working on this?

I've been working on this for about 3 years now

SethfromMI
November 6th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I certainly approve

Saint of Sinners
November 12th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Sounds good to me. Haven't seen a medieval zombie novel since knight of the living dead. Nice!

sweetcake
November 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Wow medieval zombies..interesting. I'd love to read it, you're really creative. Goodluck on finishing the quadrilogy

JamesSuperBoy
November 12th, 2014, 01:32 PM
A great idea and well done you for all the research and sticking to your dream. I really admire that and would read the book. I was only confused about your references to Poland and Lithuania in the era 1347 as Poland was part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Uranus
November 12th, 2014, 04:12 PM
That's a really interesting and fun idea!

Snydergate
November 13th, 2014, 04:45 PM
A great idea and well done you for all the research and sticking to your dream. I really admire that and would read the book. I was only confused about your references to Poland and Lithuania in the era 1347 as Poland was part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Actually during that time the Grand Duchy and Poland were at war. The Lithuanians were a pagan people while the Polish were not. The Poles hired the Teutonic Knights to aid them with the war against the Lithuanians and the Knights began to hold the land they conquered for themselves, that and many other issues led to the Polish declaring war on them in the early 1400's and siding with the Grand Duchy.

Hudor
December 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Nice idea. I think i would give it a go because of the novelty of the idea of a zombie apocalypse in 14th century. It would require a lot of research though to recreate the scenario of that era. Although it would be somewhat easier for you seeing its a zombie story so the job of recreating the civilisation wouldn't be exactly necessary.