PDA

View Full Version : Am I evolving into a psycopath/pyromaniac?

Stronk Serb
November 4th, 2014, 03:03 AM
I pretty much stopped showing empathy towards 90% of the people in my life. I don't see it as wrong to hit or burn someone/something alive. I'm not feeling that I would go on a killing spree, but that I would feel no remorse if I killed or hurt someone. I also have episodes where I must burn something. The fire is nice. Now before some of you tell me, I'm seeing a therapist. We're working on me not hurting anyone physically.

Daniella98
November 4th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Im glad you are aware of it your self at least.I mean, aware enough to make you start seeing a therapist.
I think we all have cruelty hidden. I, myself, can sometimes catch my own thoughts on a seriously horrible path.
But I have love and warmth enough to not act on it. And I think you might have too since you started therapy. Good luck

James Dean
November 4th, 2014, 04:49 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I think I know what the issue is here. I mean I can say you just get a thrill from it and you don't see the consequences of the actions for it. Very confusing and puzzling. Good idea you are seeing a professional and maybe they can come up with an answer. I know I like fire but I don't want to burn buildings down or anything. I'm not an arsonist. What scares me are the violent thoughts of hurting people. I think that might stem from maybe you being bullied when you were younger perhaps. I just care about your safety and as long as you find peace and are able to help yourself control these thoughts, you'll be ok.

I am happy that you admitted this though. Takes courage to admit to faults and I applaud you for that. :)

Stronk Serb
November 10th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Well, I focus my fire on not hurting anyone, it's actually fun burning leaves and paper on a concrete surface with friends, makes you have that campfire feeling. The hate and cruelty is probably from severe bullying. The therapist is conducting tests in order to make a priper diagnosis.