PDA

View Full Version : Emotionally/sexually abusive ex

beebs
November 2nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
An ex boyfriend of mine was rather abusive, emotionaly and sexually and I have only just really realised.

Only my current boyfriend knows about what he did to me and I want other people to know.

The idea of him doing it to someone else, it just, it terrifies me.

A lot of my friends are still close with him and it makes me feel sick and guilty that he may treat them how he treated me.

I want to let people know what he did and that it was not okay I just don't know how to without looking like an attention seeking liar.

Any advice would be useful?

P.s im not ready to tell an authority figure (eg. police or parents).

mjoy
November 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
I would start by telling people who are close to you and to let them know what you want to do. Have the truth spread like a rumor because the more people you have upset the more people will agree with you. And I think personally you just need to be honest with everyone ( even though you don't want to go to authority), adults can be very helpful so can friends

James Dean
November 3rd, 2014, 03:59 AM
I don't know your situation, but if you were sexually abused, that has to be reported for like you said the fear of he doing it to another unsuspecting person. I am sorry that you had to experience this. Being with someone who you thought you could love and trust, only now to be in fear almost. It should be fine for you now, you have found peace and can move on from this now.

I just want you to live happy and not feel pulled in or be in fear over these events. Again, I don't know the whole story so I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying, if something like that sort did happen then I would feel easier if I were to tell the police just so I could sleep better at night. Take care of yourself :)

SethfromMI
November 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I don't know your situation, but if you were sexually abused, that has to be reported for like you said the fear of he doing it to another unsuspecting person. I am sorry that you had to experience this. Being with someone who you thought you could love and trust, only now to be in fear almost. It should be fine for you now, you have found peace and can move on from this now.

I just want you to live happy and not feel pulled in or be in fear over these events. Again, I don't know the whole story so I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying, if something like that sort did happen then I would feel easier if I were to tell the police just so I could sleep better at night. Take care of yourself :)

agreed, you don't want what happened to you happening to someone else. and in the long term, reporting it I think will be able to help you out as well

amybah
February 1st, 2015, 05:29 PM
My ex did the same :x
Sometimes he shouted and bit me.

It was horrible, and I broke up with him. Now he is happy and still faking something that he is not to the others

You should stay away from him. He is dangerous and you will find someone better who lloves you and give all the love you need and deserve.