PDA

View Full Version : I just don't care

parzzival
November 1st, 2014, 06:14 PM
For some reason I just don't care about any one I meet. I care about my parents and my sister. but thats it. I don't care about people at school and I don't care about people I meet. I have.... associates, but no real friends. I also try to keep things strictly professional. So my question is, am I crazy? am I considered a psycho? Is there a word for what I have? what could cause this? is it curable?

ksdnfkfr
November 1st, 2014, 08:15 PM
It really depends. Some people are just wired that way and it's normal for them. But also some people are that way because of something bad that happened in their life. So the question is, why are you like that? And the next question is, is it a problem for you?

If nothing bad happened to cause it, and it's not a problem for you, then there's probably nothing that needs to be fixed.

James Dean
November 2nd, 2014, 06:48 AM
I mean, it would be nice to open yourself up to a couple people. I'm not telling you to not be yourself, but try to be positive and happy sometimes. You might find some people who you naturally attach to.

You might be in a situation to where family might not be available because they are busy with other things. It's nice to have people who you can turn to. Just even if you smile to a complete stranger walking around school, or going down the street, that might make their day. I do feel you and where you're coming from, it is just nice to show love to people and try to extend positive energy that you feel to others.

Pursion
November 4th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I personally feel exactly the same, even about my own family and "friends". I find that I'm far more efficient like this and I wouldn't want it any other way. By the way I prefer to use acquaintances rather than associates, sounds more fitting.

Psycho is an outdated term that is a very misused psychological term, its actually known as antisocial personality disorder in the scientific community. People with this disorder generally display a lack of conscience (even towards friends and family) and their distinctive behaviour surfaces either during childhood or adolescence beginning with excessive lying, stealing, manipulation or violence. They basically won't care about any people or negative consequences of their actions.

So your behaviour could be the beginnings of an Antisocial Personality disorder, but unless you display some of the other symptoms I said above I doubt you are actually a sufferer of this illness. I on the other hand, do actually experience at least two of them excessively so I'm much more likely to be a "psychopath" or "sociopath". You're probably just a little antisocial so I would suggest listening to the two very good posts above me or if you want you can pm me.

RJx_Writer
December 9th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Well, that depends on how old you are. A "psycho" is someone who has anti social personality disorder. You need to be at least eighteen to be diagnosed with APD, as compassion is not fully developed until seventeen years old. No one here can determine if you have this disorder or not, only an authorized individual, such as a psychiatrist or psychologist, can diagnose you.