PDA

View Full Version : Am I anorexic?!

SarahGilbertius
October 30th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I'm 13 yrs, 5'8 and 97 lbs. Am I anorexic or just small boned? :what:

BlackParadePixie
October 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM
anorexia is an eating disorder, not just being skinny. Do you eat normally? If so, you may just be small boned or have a very high metabolism. If you purposely starve yourself to stay skinny, then yeah, you might suffer from anorexia.

Luminous
October 30th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Puberty for Girls :arrow: Eating Disorders

SarahGilbertius
October 30th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I don't have an eating disorder, I used to but not so I don't get fat. I was scared to eat because I had an allergic reaction. I'm eating normally now but I'm still not gaining weight....

Karkat
October 30th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I don't have an eating disorder, I used to but not so I don't get fat. I was scared to eat because I had an allergic reaction. I'm eating normally now but I'm still not gaining weight....

In this event I would say that no, you are not anorexic. Anorexia is a disorder of the mind that makes one believe they are fat even though they may have remarkable physical evidence that they are in need of medical attention for being underweight. (Note that anorexia is more about the getting there than the being there- I was once 85lb at 5'11, and I've never been anorexic. I was symptomatic of bulimia and binge eating disorder, but not anorexia per se.)

If you do not think you are fat, you are not being extremely restrictive of your food intake, exercising excessively, taking diet pills, etc., I feel it's safe to say that you're not anorexic.

SethfromMI
October 30th, 2014, 05:31 PM
anorexia is an eating disorder, not just being skinny. Do you eat normally? If so, you may just be small boned or have a very high metabolism. If you purposely starve yourself to stay skinny, then yeah, you might suffer from anorexia.

this

MITT3NZ
October 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Nope, you're just super tall and small. Nothing to be worried about.

CrazyPerson101
November 1st, 2014, 05:10 AM
I'm 13 yrs, 5'8 and 97 lbs. Am I anorexic or just small boned? :what:

I don't think you're anorexic, I mean I'm 15, I'm 5"4 & 1/2 and I'm 87 pounds but that doesn't make me anorexic. Being anorexic means you basically starve yourself because you think you're fat when you're not actually fat. I do sorta... kinda starve myself.. a little bit ... and eat small portions and I have a high metabolism so I'm losing weight but anyway, yeah, you're not anorexic , I think you just have a high metabolism

MattyMattyy
January 2nd, 2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah no you're not anorexic because it is a mental condiiton rather than just being skinny. ;) It's things like making yourself vomit as soon as you've eaten food, eating no or very little food because you feel you need to be a skinny as possible.

amgb
January 2nd, 2015, 09:04 PM
Yeah anorexia is much more than being small boned, maybe ask a therapist or something?~

Sir Enigma
January 3rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
You're gonna fill up with time. You entered puberty and your body is using your energy reserves to develop. You may be skinny for some time but you wont stay like that. :)
Just eat healthy and you'll do just fine ;)

ImCoolBeans
January 4th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Please don't bump threads with two months of inactivity :locked: