PDA

View Full Version : After A Long Time..

Intrinsic
October 27th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone! I'm keeping this short & to the point.

I'd like to thank this site in aiding in my journey to coming out as gay to my parents yesterday. I'm glad it is over with and I'm certainly satisfied with how things are going, and they took it well.

I just want other people to know who are out there struggling with it, that you need to make sure you follow through when you get the feeling that it may be the right time. It's not fun to constantly hide in the shadows like I had for at least 3 years. You definitely come out stronger and prove to yourself and to other people that you are strong through accepting yourself even when it feels like societal norms are against you.

I still feel sort of weird about it, but it definitely feels like a bit of a weight has been lifted. It's kinda strange but at the same time, calming.

Just thought I'd share.

Feraligatr
October 28th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Congratulations on coming out. I'm happy they took it well. Most parents would've freaked. :)

fast8
October 28th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Congrats on coming out

Uranus
October 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Congratulations on coming out to us!

Body odah Man
October 28th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone! I'm keeping this short & to the point.

I'd like to thank this site in aiding in my journey to coming out as gay to my parents yesterday. I'm glad it is over with and I'm certainly satisfied with how things are going, and they took it well.

I just want other people to know who are out there struggling with it, that you need to make sure you follow through when you get the feeling that it may be the right time. It's not fun to constantly hide in the shadows like I had for at least 3 years. You definitely come out stronger and prove to yourself and to other people that you are strong through accepting yourself even when it feels like societal norms are against you.

I still feel sort of weird about it, but it definitely feels like a bit of a weight has been lifted. It's kinda strange but at the same time, calming.

Just thought I'd share.

Glad it went well and brought you peace. Ur a very lucky man.

Karkat
October 28th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Congratulations! :)

Miserabilia
October 28th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Is this a congratulation time? I feel like it is.
Congrats!
Hope your parents are helpful.

azure moonstone
October 28th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Congrats, and what a great message. I am really happy that VT and the people here were able to help you.

Kass
December 18th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Yey! :) You're so brave to do that :) wish I had your confidence! :P

Plane And Simple
December 18th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Congratulations. Glad to hear VT was of help.

amgb
December 18th, 2014, 08:01 PM
That was brave of you, I'm glad you were able to tell them And you are definitely a much stronger person for that~

CosmicNoodle
December 18th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Congrats.

maniamsmart
December 19th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Congrats, this is the reason why I come back here every day to help people and make things like this happen :) Glad VT could help!

SethfromMI
December 26th, 2014, 02:31 PM
good for you!

Abhorrence
December 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Congratulations on coming out. It must have been difficult. It's nice to know that good people on this site are helping out.

romes3
December 28th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Yay! Congrats!