PDA

View Full Version : Back to my old ways.

MysticalBurrito
October 26th, 2014, 10:29 PM
So about two years ago I dropped forty pounds by restricting and purging, but then found someone who wanted me and found me attractive at that weight and he helped me recover. Now him and I have been together for two years and I'm back to the starving and shit. The thing is that I'm fat and nobody thinks I'm sick in the head, and nobody would care because doctors only care when a person is down to low double digits. I just want to shrink away and die. I don't know how to stop anymore.

SethfromMI
October 27th, 2014, 11:49 AM
well there is a lot here. first off if you have a doctor who is saying you need to be down to low double digits, it does not sound like he knows what he is talking about. that is 99 pounds or light. unless you are short, very short, that does not sound very healthy to me.

if you feel you need to lose weight don't purge. start exercising more. even a simple walk can be the first step in the right direction. try to eat healthier but do keep on eating (not to say you cant have the good stuff to, but in moderation). also when you eat, don't try to eat till you are feeling stuffed, but eat until you are content.

but if this is a reoccurring problem, you may need to see a doctor or therapists who specialize in eating disorders. they are nothing to kid around and they are trained in that stuff (way more and better advice than I could give)

Karkat
October 27th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I feel you there. I was always told to just "stop worrying about my body and my weight because I'm healthy and fine", basically. Which just slowly put me into denial over having a problem in the first place. I started to believe that the way I was eating was perfectly normal. And it wasn't.

Are you in therapy or anything? It might be good to talk to someone who specifically deals with the mental side of disordered eating. GPs tend to be clueless about this kind of shit anyways.

Amy123
October 27th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Don't worry about it know some people in your situation

SarahGilbertius
October 30th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Since anorexia is an eating disorder you think your fat right? Well first thing is you are NOT fat! It is actually healthier to be overweight than underweight. Suicide is never the answer and you need to get some help with this. I've had anorexia before and when I tried to eat more I had no appetite. It can be hard to overcome anorexia with this. But the only real way to cure anorexia is to eat more!