PDA

View Full Version : Always anxious

Lovelife090994
October 25th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I am always uneasy. I usually feel like I'm being watched or a sound annoys me. The sound of others chewing is something that makes me feel super uneasy and anxious. I tried explaining it to my mother but she thinks it's me being rude and that I need to go to church. I couldn't even do an errand fully because I felt so judged and scared to act. I don't know what to do.

Miserabilia
October 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
It's those exact same things that got me thinking about anxiety. At first I was worried about OCD but I found out it was just social.
In the worst case you could get meds described to sooth anxiety, like if it's a constant anxiety. Hang in there :hug:

Lovelife090994
October 25th, 2014, 09:40 PM
It's those exact same things that got me thinking about anxiety. At first I was worried about OCD but I found out it was just social.
In the worst case you could get meds described to sooth anxiety, like if it's a constant anxiety. Hang in there :hug:

It almost is a constant anxiety. I feel like I'm going to crack any day and like something is going to happen any moment.

James Dean
October 25th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Yeah I been there too. You just need to accept yourself more. Not everyone is thinking about you negatively. Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't feel worried or alone in public. Calm down about it, it's going to be fine. Stop putting yourself down and making excuses as to why you are the way you are.

I struggle with social anxiety myself. I try to only take one day week to where I go outside of the house and hang with people from school. I do go out, exercise, hang out friends. Perhaps you should do that?

SethfromMI
October 26th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah I been there too. You just need to accept yourself more. Not everyone is thinking about you negatively. Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't feel worried or alone in public. Calm down about it, it's going to be fine. Stop putting yourself down and making excuses as to why you are the way you are.

I struggle with social anxiety myself. I try to only take one day week to where I go outside of the house and hang with people from school. I do go out, exercise, hang out friends. Perhaps you should do that?

this. if worse comes to worse, talk to a counselor, but only use drugs at the very last resort.

Karkat
October 26th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Why does your mom have to be such an asshole? I get irritated every time you talk about the woman, ugh! :P

I can seriously empathize with you there. Have you ever tried earplugs before? It can seriously help minimize noise if that's aggravating to you. I personally have really sensitive ears, so I've found when I'm tense, either soothing music (to block out the ambient noise), or earplugs (to dampen it) can help tremendously with calming me down in general.

Also, make sure you are breathing levelly. Sit down and close your eyes for a moment, steady your breathing if things get overwhelming.