PDA

View Full Version : do you ever have those moments...

Babs
October 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM
where you have this unexplained crippling sense of anxiety and paranoia, to the point where you cannot do a simple task?
I get those sometimes (some of you have witnessed it in the chat room) and it gets to the point where I can't leave my room, even though there's nothing really to be afraid of out there. I just get so anxious.

CosmicNoodle
October 24th, 2014, 08:19 PM
where you have this unexplained crippling sense of anxiety and paranoia, to the point where you cannot do a simple task?
I get those sometimes (some of you have witnessed it in the chat room) and it gets to the point where I can't leave my room, even though there's nothing really to be afraid of out there. I just get so anxious.

Yep, all the time, they're called panic attacks.

James Dean
October 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Yes, I totally been there. When a bunch of my friends are having a get together, I usually chicken out and don't go. Just my social anxiety starts to control me. I become too shy to want to involve myself with the group and let myself out. I do however stop worry about how I come across to them. If they don't like me, they don't like me. There is nothing I can do to help that. Just hope that they will support me as that is what friends do. Nobody is perfect and if I am not able to do something to perfection, I will just try again and keep doing it until I get it right.

sweetcake
October 25th, 2014, 06:05 AM
When I get panic attacks, I take 3 deep breaths and close my eyes. Usually after the third exhale, I'll be much calmer. Give it a try:)

Melodic
October 25th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Yes. All the time. I usually breathe in for 7 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, and breathe out for 7 seconds.

Karkat
October 26th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I get panic attacks all the time. Sometimes I'll freeze and shut down, but sometimes I'll go into complete hysterics, and start screaming. It's really a pain.

ksdnfkfr
October 26th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, that kind of thing happens to me a lot

Babs
October 27th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Yes. All the time. I usually breathe in for 7 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, and breathe out for 7 seconds.

I do that too. It helps a lot.
I believe you're the one who taught it to me, actually.

Amy123
October 27th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah I have think everyone has somethime

slopestyle
October 28th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Lots of people have them, some people can deal with them rather quickly and easily. Others, like myself, sometimes get them so bad that they become debilitating and feel as if everything is coming to an end :eek: