PDA

View Full Version : Hot Milk

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
October 24th, 2014, 03:12 PM
So right now I'm sitting in bed looking at a Horlicks jar wondering, "how the fuck do you make hot milk?" I've never made hot milk before.

Soooo anybody know how?

Cognizant
October 24th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I just microwave it for 1 and a half minutes unless I'm missing the point or something????

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
October 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I just microwave it for 1 and a half minutes unless I'm missing the point or something????
I don't have a microwave

Plane And Simple
October 24th, 2014, 03:37 PM
heat it up in a pot under the fire for around 5 minutes. Don't make it boil though, just stop when you put your hand over it and feel heat

Captain Alpha
October 24th, 2014, 03:41 PM
yeah, totally don't boil it, otherwise it starts to curdle and that is not nice. If you have a saucpan just stick it in and heat it for a while. Im pretty certain that you can make horlix with hot water though (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
October 24th, 2014, 03:50 PM
yeah, totally don't boil it, otherwise it starts to curdle and that is not nice. If you have a saucpan just stick it in and heat it for a while. Im pretty certain that you can make horlix with hot water though (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

thanks ill try using the pot. you can use water but then It tastes like shit.

Miserabilia
October 24th, 2014, 04:31 PM
heat it up in a pan. (Don't boil it ofcourse.)

JamesSuperBoy
October 24th, 2014, 04:31 PM
So right now I'm sitting in bed looking at a Horlicks jar wondering, "how the fuck do you make hot milk?" I've never made hot milk before.

Soooo anybody know how?

I hope it worked out.

Karkat
October 24th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Basically, If you're ever heating milk, do it at a medium-low heat because, as others have said, scalded milk is godawful.

It also makes a skin on the bottom of the pan you're cooking in...

Also make sure to stir it. Never boil milk. When it is done, the milk will probably start to steam slightly (like a cup of hot cocoa).

Hideous
October 24th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Hot milk, yum.

Abyssal Echo
October 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm not a fan of warm milk by itself I do like to use it for hot chocolate.

Uranus
October 26th, 2014, 04:32 PM
heat it up in a pot under the fire for around 5 minutes. Don't make it boil though, just stop when you put your hand over it and feel heat

Yup, that's how you do it.

But I personally hate milk!!! Yucky!

SethfromMI
October 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
hot chocolate made with warm/hot milk instead of water is fabulous

Iam-Marie
June 28th, 2015, 12:26 PM
boil milk in a saucepan, but do not let burn.
http://archive.addict.de/uploads/blog-paneer04.jpg

Horatio Nelson
June 28th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Please do not post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months. :locked: