PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at school

basketball33
October 23rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
hi everyone,
I'm writing this to see if anyone has a suggestion for me on what to do because I have absolutely no idea, so what's been happening at school is kids are starting to call me this name that I absolutely hate it (don't really wanna say what it is) but it is based on the way I look, and when they call me it I don't have enough self esteem to even stand up for myself so I kinda do this half smile thing and just walk away, but lately this strategy hasn't been working for me I'm just getting called the name even more. So now my anxiety has been getting much worse lately like in the morining i never feel like going to school out of fear of being called that name.

Any answer on how to help is greatly appreciated

Miserabilia
October 23rd, 2014, 04:40 PM
That's not neccacairly anxiety. I remember a quote I heard sometime, it was something like "Don't mistake being around assholes for being anxious or depressed".
basicly you're being bullied, and not anxious from yourself; you have every right to fear this!
I don't really have advice on how to stop it, besides either
-embracing it and trying to make it into a joke yourself
-don't respond to it and hope it fades away
:hug:

Karkat
October 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Uhm, like Daniel said, that's bullying.

I mean, if it were me personally, I'd [-]make their lives a living hell[/-] tell someone about it, and own the title of "fucking bitch narc" but we already know how I am

And you are not me

My suggestion is to not even smile. Act like they don't exist. It'll drive them insane.

However, if it gets physical, or turns into blackmail/emotional abuse (basically if it goes beyond just namecalling) get someone involved pronto. File fucking restraining orders if you have to. Let the dumbasses have a record. It's not your fault you obviously go to school with a bunch of twats. (Sorry for the language, I was bullied at one point in time, as well as a bully myself, and I kind of want to pound anyone who is stupid enough to pick on someone and be a douchebag like that. Regardless of backstory. I had a fucking backstory, and there's still no excuse for what I did.)

basketball33
October 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM
That's not neccacairly anxiety. I remember a quote I heard sometime, it was something like "Don't mistake being around assholes for being anxious or depressed".
basicly you're being bullied, and not anxious from yourself; you have every right to fear this!
I don't really have advice on how to stop it, besides either
-embracing it and trying to make it into a joke yourself
-don't respond to it and hope it fades away
:hug:

thanks for the response, but I'm quite sure it is anxiety from what I read off the internet but I could be wrong, so could you please explain to me what anxiety is? I would greatly appreciate it
thanks(:

Karkat
October 23rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
thanks for the response, but I'm quite sure it is anxiety from what I read off the internet but I could be wrong, so could you please explain to me what anxiety is? I would greatly appreciate it
thanks(:

Anxiety is a feeling of fear, to put it simply, however it is an intense, debilitating one that holds you back- something like an elephant on your chest.

It's very possible that you could have anxiety over the bullies. The two are not mutually exclusive, necessarily.

If you'd like to know more about the symptoms and types of anxiety, here's a thread written by one of our lovely admins, Mike. (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201769)

Amy123
October 27th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I was bullied at school and it made me feel down but stay strong you are better that the bullies

Abhorrence
October 28th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Bullies are pathetic. Just remember that words are just words, they shouldn't mean anything coming from pathetic people who have nothing better to do with their time other than to attempt to hurt people.

CreativeUsername
November 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I'm a younger brother, and my brother would call me name and taunt me, and pretty much bully me for a time. They do it because they think they have power over you. If you keep showing them that it hurts you when they call you names, they'll keep doing it. If you ignore them and they keep doing it, or it gets worse, then just tell someone.

Now the anxiety. You probably do have anxiety about going to school. I have the same thing, just for different reasons. Your anxiety doesn't sound like it's so serious to the point of no return. Try thinking about why you have the anxiety. If you have told someone, and you have someone else by your side, then you should have less anxiety, and no logical reason to be anxious.