PDA

View Full Version : Who Are You Inspired By?

Uranus
October 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
If you're an artist,
or one who enjoys creating art,
which artist, either he or she,
are you inspired by when you do your own artwork?

Miserabilia
October 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... As for music, definetly Los Campesinos and Passion Pit.
For visual art... I don't know. Don't really have anything to be honest, I mean, a lot of different things, but not really one person or one inspiration.

Uranus
October 22nd, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hmmm... As for music, definetly Los Campesinos and Passion Pit.
For visual art... I don't know. Don't really have anything to be honest, I mean, a lot of different things, but not really one person or one inspiration.

Cool!!

Hideous
October 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
Pablo Picasso and an artist from the Renaissance era but I forgot his name... dang it.

JLi99
October 31st, 2014, 12:31 PM
Dunno if it counts
But my Double Bass teacher plays a lot herself, and her playing style is DIVINE!
Whenever I play, I think how would my teacher play this

Babs
November 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Picasso and Allison Harvard. I'm pretty much inspired by surreal art. (Although that doesn't necessarily always translate in my drawings) I try to go for a sense of being... unreal, whether that's conveyed through mythological creatures or everyday objects portrayed in an odd way, if that makes sense. Basically seeing surreal things is what inspires me, not necessarily one particular artist.

Desuetude
November 7th, 2014, 05:52 PM
My favourite artists at the moment are Leonid Afremov and Naydene Gonnella. Both paint with oil (but Gonnella does this using encaustic). They're both quite subjective artists that work with bold, rich colour that I attempt to replicate but I'm just not a confident enough artist especially to work on a large scale.

This is an artist study attempt of Gonnella's work but I only used oil paint not the wax as I'm hoping to work in her style for my project this year.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/abb348bf2dc1ad2067284c430123f3fb/tumblr_neoyepy3Qt1tkjp5fo1_400.jpg

Uranus
November 7th, 2014, 06:07 PM
My favourite artists at the moment are Leonid Afremov and Naydene Gonnella. Both paint with oil (but Gonnella does this using encaustic). They're both quite subjective artists that work with bold, rich colour that I attempt to replicate but I'm just not a confident enough artist especially to work on a large scale.

This is an artist study attempt of Gonnella's work but I only used oil paint not the wax as I'm hoping to work in her style for my project this year.
image (http://33.media.tumblr.com/abb348bf2dc1ad2067284c430123f3fb/tumblr_neoyepy3Qt1tkjp5fo1_400.jpg)

That's really cool!!