PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coaster drops

Capt.Braden
October 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
What is your favorite first drop on a roller coaster?
Launched coasters dont count, such as Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster, Xcellerator, and Formula Rossa to name a few. These have to be traditional lift hill rides that pull you up to the top and leave the rest to gravity.

My favorite is a tie between the drop on Millennium Force (Which has given me more than a few gray-outs) and The Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (which is a typical dive machine).

Karkat
October 17th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I honestly haven't ridden enough roller coasters that have significant drops to judge this, but I'm going to a theme park this weekend, and you can bet I'm riding all the rides *sunglasses*

Capt.Braden
October 17th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I honestly haven't ridden enough roller coasters that have significant drops to judge this, but I'm going to a theme park this weekend, and you can bet I'm riding all the rides *sunglasses*

Hahahahaha cool what theme park?

Karkat
October 17th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Hahahahaha cool what theme park?

Lagoon in Farmington, Utah. It's got a fair amount of big coasters, but I don't really even know all of what's there- haven't been there since I was 10ish. :P

James Dean
October 18th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Ghostrider, it's a wooden roller coaster at Knotts Berry Farm here in LA. It has a really nice first and fast drop. The lift is really scary too all slop then the drop comes and so is the rest of the ride.

TheN3rdyOutcast
October 18th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I'd say my favorite is the Goliath in Six Flags Over GA, before the initial drop, you can see the whole park, and you get a huge fucking boost of adrenaline that makes you feel like you're free falling!

Cognizant
October 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Flight Deck (or Top Gun, depending on what you call it) at Great America in Santa Clara, California. It's cool because you see the entire parking lot, the bay, and the brand new Levi's stadium in good view. Too bad they're not open on game days otherwise I'd ride it so I could watch the game for free :P haha.

CrazyPerson101
October 22nd, 2014, 04:14 AM
I went to Dolly wood and them drops ( espcially the mystery mine ) is freakin scary but fun as well :D

SethfromMI
October 22nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
either the dragster or the force at Cedar Point

Plane And Simple
October 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
The 1st drop in DisneyLand Paris' Indiana Jones ride is pretty cool. :D

Miserabilia
October 23rd, 2014, 03:26 PM
It just depends on the coaster. There are so many coasters in the world, but i personaly prefer the drops on MegaCoaster typed rides.

Wesl3y
November 1st, 2014, 04:39 AM
Millennium force.

Desuetude
November 2nd, 2014, 02:32 AM
Ehh in the UK we don't have many good roller coasters. The 2 most popular theme parks in the whole of the country are Alton Towers and Thorpe Park and I've been on all the rides in both and the drops are pretty boring.

Stealth is the most famous but it lasts about 7 seconds and is literally up then down but that's probably the most exhilirating even though it gets old after a couple goes.