PDA

View Full Version : America's food! North or South?

Lovelife090994
October 17th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Hello all! If you live in America then this is for you. If you don't but have had some great authentic American food then come as well. If you haven't had any, then read up and grab a Philly! Okay...

America has always been divided into regions but one thing cool about this huge country is that each region has a unique flair and its own unique food. The North has food similar to that of the East and West but is rarely "Soul Food" or the classic "Southern Style" cooking. But if you're like me you may like it since Northern food isn't really traditional from a mix of European cultures and American culture.

The South, it has food from all over the world but more specifically to Mexico, and the Caribbean. Whether it's the American Tex-Mex, or true authentic Mexican, or Native American food of Arizona, to the classics of East meets South in Florida; it has a lot. Southern food usually is the classic "Southern/Country/Home Style" cooking which is a lot like or is "Soul Food." So which is your favorite?

If you do not know what Soul Food is, it's very hard to describe but it is basically Blacks' ways of cooking in America. Fried, Butter, love, and meat in the veggies for flavor are big in it and to the Southern US as well.

I didn't separate East and West since it technically falls to North or South but my guest.

What American region has your favorite food or do you like them all? Personally I like them all (diverse palette.) Sadly, three things I love like New England Clam Chowder, Philly Cheesesteaks and Hogies or Heroes, as well as a good Deep Dish Pizza, are so hard to find in Texas as well as authentic Mexican. Going to Mexico ruined me so I love authentic now.

CrazyPerson101
October 17th, 2014, 02:15 AM
I like food from different parts of the US, I love steak though, southern steak is likie <3 the best

Karkat
October 17th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Oh god, SOUL FOOD <3
I mean, you only see me mentioning chicken and waffles every other day on this website :P

But I'm also SUPER partial to Southwest, being Latina and Native American, living right on the edge of Navajo Nation, and having had grown up in Phoenix.

Hawaiian food is also SUPERB. I could live off it.

And there's a fair amount of southern food I enjoy as well. I make a mean meatloaf. It's literally the cocaine of the meatloaf world, sorry to brag.

But I also like northeastern/New England food :P

America gets a lot of crap for being plastic, but I you dig deep down and find the culture here, it can actually be pretty amazing!

James Dean
October 17th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I like it all really. From the east coast from steak sandwiches and chili, to the south with fried chicken and mashed potatoes and barbeque cooking. From the north with fish, and the west coast with tacos, burritos, hamburgers. :)

phuckphace
October 17th, 2014, 10:11 AM
east coast is best coast. all that delicious seafood holy shit. 10/10 would move to Maine if I could afford it

Horatio Nelson
October 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I really love all of it. Honestly, it makes me happy if it tastes good.

Though I am partial to Mexican food, my Grandma makes the best I've ever had. :D

Luminous
October 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I basically eat a mix of everything and anything. I live in New England but I'm not a big fan of seafood.. Sorry.

EvanJay
October 17th, 2014, 11:56 AM
i always like to try foods from different region

Lovelife090994
October 17th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I like it all really. From the east coast from steak sandwiches and chili, to the south with fried chicken and mashed potatoes and barbeque cooking. From the north with fish, and the west coast with tacos, burritos, hamburgers. :)

I agree with the fish in the North! Funny, no North Coast unless you count the lakes and they have great fish.

Oh god, SOUL FOOD <3
I mean, you only see me mentioning chicken and waffles every other day on this website :P

But I'm also SUPER partial to Southwest, being Latina and Native American, living right on the edge of Navajo Nation, and having had grown up in Phoenix.

Hawaiian food is also SUPERB. I could live off it.

And there's a fair amount of southern food I enjoy as well. I make a mean meatloaf. It's literally the cocaine of the meatloaf world, sorry to brag.

But I also like northeastern/New England food :P

America gets a lot of crap for being plastic, but I you dig deep down and find the culture here, it can actually be pretty amazing!

I'm no meat fan and wondering if I'll go vegetarian... but meatloaf is good if made right. You're near Navajo Territory? You actually know about Soul Food? That makes the South a winner.

Melodic
October 17th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Southern Style Food! Mm its the greatest thing ever!

Karkat
October 17th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I agree with the fish in the North! Funny, no North Coast unless you count the lakes and they have great fish.

I'm no meat fan and wondering if I'll go vegetarian... but meatloaf is good if made right. You're near Navajo Territory? You actually know about Soul Food? That makes the South a winner.

I make really good meatloaf :D

Yup, I've lived just outside Navajo Nation with mom since I was 4.

Of course :P

Emerald Dream
October 17th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I like Southern food, by default I guess....most of what I have eaten in my life is southern or eastern (including the seafood).

TheN3rdyOutcast
October 17th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I hate Southern food, and culture.

phuckphace
October 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I hate Southern food, and culture.

:lol3:

jessie3
October 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
My favorite is southern, and since im from Texas I love steak and Tex-Mex.

SethfromMI
October 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
i am from the pizza region haha

but seriously, I don't know if I favor one region over the other. maybe north slightly, but I dunno. what is western food anyways?

BeachBlonde
October 23rd, 2014, 12:10 AM
No love for Hawaii? Lol. Anyway, I like food from all kinds of places, seafood being my favorite of them all, so I guess anywhere by the coast.

Guitarguy9
February 3rd, 2015, 12:53 PM
Southern is way better.

Emerald Dream
February 3rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Southern is way better.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: