PDA

View Full Version : the nature of extraterrestrial life

phuckphace
October 17th, 2014, 12:38 AM
of course this is all speculative. personally I believe that life as we know it on Earth (life meaning organisms and their ecosystems) is a model for all life exists or can exist, be it terrestrial or otherwise. because carbon and oxygen are some of the most abundant elements in the Universe, and our very existence is direct proof for the carbon-based life theory, extraterrestrial life is likeliest to resemble the life we're already familiar with. that is, carbon-based, breathing atmospheric oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide, possessing a genetic code of DNA/RNA, reproducing sexually, capturing energy from the planet's sun, etc. all of this I believe has arisen independently on multiple planets bearing identical conditions to Earth.

I won't speculate about extraterrestrial intelligence since that's a little too far out there, so to speak. I think what we're most likely to find is stuff like bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi and maybe even green plants with leaves.

Wyatt 13
October 18th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Jeez dude you know a lot of this stuff I do really think we are alone in the universe tho.