PDA

View Full Version : Name Customization

Uranus
October 15th, 2014, 08:59 AM
So I was thinking about something. Just kinda popped into my head so I figured, what the hell, I'll ask.

My idea was to make our names colorful and maybe different fonts. So instead of my name being like YungMerkMMR...that's similar to how it looks in the gold and black theme.

I could have my name like YungMerkMMR

And maybe even choose the fonts if we want. Now I understand it may be abused because some people could have their name all red,blue,and green. But maybe it could be set so each user must have a different font and at least 2-3 colors.

That way we could easily divide the staff from users? Because I see so many posts,threads,signatures that are all colorful, but the names...ehh.

CosmicNoodle
October 15th, 2014, 09:01 AM
This can't happen, the reason being, MIDs have there names in green, meaning people could inpersoante a mod, knowing who was and who wasn't would be difficult. It would cause confusion.

Unless it was made so that you could just have your name as plain green. But that'd take some serious changes to be made to the Vbulliten platform.

Uranus
October 15th, 2014, 09:05 AM
This can't happen, the reason being, MIDs have there names in green, meaning people could inpersoante a mod, knowing who was and who wasn't would be difficult. It would cause confusion.

Unless it was made so that you could just have your name as plain green. But that'd take some serious changes to be made to the Vbulliten platform.

Well like i said above. Have at least two or three colors to keep us able to know who a mod is, and isn't. That way we can't have people using straight up red,blue, and green.

ImCoolBeans
October 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I don't think this is a good idea. I think it would make things more confusing for new members, would make the staff a little more indistinguishable, and IMO is a little tacky. I think having uniform colors for usernames is much more aesthetically pleasing.

We allow large signature pictures, and any colors you want in your sigs, you can customize that however you like, but usernames should not be customizable in the same way.

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
October 15th, 2014, 09:39 AM
it seems like a cool idea to me...

Typhlosion
October 15th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Same with customizable posts - hard to see on all themes. Plus, it wouldn't really help in distinguishing staff from normal members.

Karkat
October 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Alex has a good point- on the Forever Blue theme, everyone's usernames are light blue. This would not work on a theme with a white background. Let's say you wanted your username to be navy- the Forever Blue background is navy. No one would be able to read your name.

ImagineRepublicCity
October 16th, 2014, 09:32 PM
And like what Mike said, I think it might trip people over. Like you know, "Woah, that guys name is like, purple...Does it mean something?"
I think it's a bit unnecessary as well, because less is more.

Croconaw
October 16th, 2014, 10:17 PM
I think it would look tacky. It doesn't seem at all necessary. Even with the post faces, it would get confusing for the new members.