PDA

View Full Version : Cat possessed

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Lol I love my cat but sometimes I think it is possessed by some force from the abyss. just a moment ago I tried making my bed. she was sleeping on some of the covers and when I woke her up (Iwas trying not too) shehissed and gave me this crazy look.

other times she just wants to curl up on me and purr away.

haha I love her, but I sometimes wonder. lol anyone have any similar experience?

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Honestly, cats are moody. I used to have three, at one time... I learned that they prefer to get affection when they want it.

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Honestly, cats are moody. I used to have three, at one time... I learned that they prefer to get affection when they want it.

man isn't that the truth? even when they want you to pet them, you do it too long and they get you. still, I know it loves me in her own way. out of everyone, I am her favorite

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah, cats are very hard to please.

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM
well there is the sayingwhichgoes Dogs have Masters, Cats have Staff

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Never heard of that saying, but it sure is true.

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 10:08 PM
cats are smart though. i once had a cat who tried opening a door by getting on the door knob (a chair was near by) and she tried twistign her body to open the door. I was very impressed

JamesSuperBoy
October 15th, 2014, 06:00 PM
cats are smart though. i once had a cat who tried opening a door by getting on the door knob (a chair was near by) and she tried twistign her body to open the door. I was very impressed

cool - animals are often way smarter than humans think.

SethfromMI
October 15th, 2014, 06:04 PM
cool - animals are often way smarter than humans think.

smart indeed

Miserabilia
October 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM
LOL! Yeah totally, my cat does weird s*t like this all the time haha :lol3:

SethfromMI
October 15th, 2014, 06:09 PM
haha well it is good to know it's not just me

Elysium
October 15th, 2014, 06:14 PM
My cat (and I have heard of many other cats doing this) will randomly get spooked by things. She'll be doing whatever and then all of a sudden leaps in the air, cries really loudly, and bolts like a bat out of hell into another room, where she'll pause, cry, and bolt again. This goes on for a few minutes and then she goes back to doing normal cat things.

JamesSuperBoy
October 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I think they hear things outwith the human range -

SethfromMI
October 15th, 2014, 06:33 PM
^makes sense

Miserabilia
October 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I think they hear things outwith the human range -

LOL! I can literaly put my music volume full, sing a serenade, dance around, throw pans through the kitcehn and my cat doesn't even blink,
but a mosquito enters the house OH GOD NUUUU

JamesSuperBoy
October 15th, 2014, 06:54 PM
LOL! I can literaly put my music volume full, sing a serenade, dance around, throw pans through the kitcehn and my cat doesn't even blink,
but a mosquito enters the house OH GOD NUUUU

throw the pans at the mosquito!!

JamesSuperBoy
October 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Cats are able to hear even the most insignificant difference in sounds, as little as 1/10 of a difference can be detected by their superior range of hearing. Being able to make that distinction is what allows a cat to decide on which prey to pursue. The hearing range of a cat is one of the broadest found in mammals even though the lower range is shared with many other species. There are several opinions on the lower range limit but in general the frequency for the lower range seems to be approximately 20 to 30 kHz, which is about the same as humans. The sense of hearing is much more evolved on the higher end, ranging as high as 64 kHz. That means not only is their hearing range 1.6 octaves higher than that of a human but even a full octave higher of that for canines. Humans are most sensitive to sounds in the 3000 Hz range where cats are more sensitive to sounds falling in the 8000 Hz range.

Read more: Cat Hearing Range
http://www.vetinfo.com/cat-hearing-range.html

CosmicNoodle
October 15th, 2014, 07:02 PM
My friends cat is like that, sometimes I'll go to his hose and his cat is a lovely ball of cuddely fur, and other times it attempts to scratch my face and claw at my legs.

SethfromMI
October 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM
well it is probably certain noises the cats recognize easier

yea cats are probably some of the more complex animals in their personality (if animals can have a personality?)

EvanJay
October 16th, 2014, 03:35 AM
i don't own a cat but my friends cat acts that way..its normal

James Dean
October 16th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Oh yes, I can relate so much. One of the cats I have, if she gets angry, uncomfortable or scared and feels like we are trying to attack her or something, she hides under a table, a bed, cabinet anything to hide, then when we go and try to find her or approach her, she takes out her claws and just jumps on you and she runs off to find another hiding spot.

Then if you go and bother her again, she'll do the same thing. The best thing to do is leave her alone as about a few minutes later, she would want to be pet and loved. That cat acts so crazy, you were just in attack mode, then she becomes all calm and wants to be pet. :(

SethfromMI
October 16th, 2014, 07:02 PM
still I love my cat, quirks and all

Wyatt 13
October 18th, 2014, 09:23 AM
LOL cats are awesome. Mine does same shit man.

SethfromMI
November 6th, 2014, 05:20 PM
lol she was at it again. she was near the laptop and wouldn't let me type without going after me