PDA

View Full Version : Default Fonts & Sizes

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Hello, Virtual-Teen admins! I came to say, I think there should be an option in the User CP for setting a default fonts, colors and sizes. Therefore, we don't have to fiddle with the settings each time before we make a post. In return, I think it would make the website more personalized, and everyone is different and unique. I hope you consider my suggestion!

DerBear
October 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Do you mean like the ability to say make a default text style such as

Make your font red
Size 8
Bold

So when you post your post will automatically show up like this

test

Unless you specifically say otherwise?

If so then that would be horribly abused and would turn VT into a multi coloured post show which would be horrific to read. I hate reading coloured text that's bright e.g. yellow

Elysium
October 14th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Do you mean like the ability to say make a default text style such as

Make your font red
Size 8
Bold

So when you post your post will automatically show up like this

test

Unless you specifically say otherwise?

If so then that would be horribly abused and would turn VT into a multi coloured post show which would be horrific to read. I hate reading coloured text that's bright e.g. yellow
To play devil's advocate, it is possible to decide which font options would be available (i.e., colors, sizes, fonts, etc.) with the mod I'm thinking of.

I think it's a nice idea, but it's also a pretty aesthetic thing and I'd understand if we don't want to use our space to implement a mod like that. I have seen it on other forums though and it is neat.

DerBear
October 14th, 2014, 07:22 PM
To play devil's advocate, it is possible to decide which font options would be available (i.e., colors, sizes, fonts, etc.) with the mod I'm thinking of.

I think it's a nice idea, but it's also a pretty aesthetic thing and I'd understand if we don't want to use our space to implement a mod like that. I have seen it on other forums though and it is neat.

I know it could be done but I don't think it is necessary and I do believe it could be abused and not all themes fit specific colours well e.g. Silverblue doesn't deal with light colours well and Dark Inferno doesn't deal with dark colours well. So it would be kind of weird reading some posts.

Its a nice idea but the usefulness of it is questionable.

Feraligatr
October 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM
One forum that I know of has this option. I just don't find this at all necessary.

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I mean you edit the fonts, colors, and text size you want so that everytime you post it's defaulted to what you chose for fonts, colors, and text size.

Typhlosion
October 15th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Yeah.... I've seen a forum that has this, and it's god awful. There, there are only two themes, both based on a white background, but VT has many, many themes with different color schemes and some posts will be pure unreadable in one theme or another.

Plus, while it makes the whole experience maybe a bit more personal, it kinda puts new members on a different level, because even their posts are not personalised. A less welcoming experience.