PDA

View Full Version : Guys Cooking

Capt.Braden
October 14th, 2014, 03:20 PM
How weird is it for a straight, relatively "cool" guy to be an excellent cook? I have always felt that it goes over well with the girls but all of the guys think I'm either gay or just plain weird.

Hideous
October 14th, 2014, 03:22 PM
It is not weird. Let me name someone, oh yeah, Gordon Ramsay, straight, top chef.

president1234
October 14th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Not a bad or abnormal thing, I love cooking and a few of my friends are also good at it.

Miserabilia
October 14th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Most professional cooks are actualy male... just saying, it's actualy associated with men to be good cooks in a lot of cultures.
I don't know if that's just a european thing or something, but it's more than acceptable here for men to cook, over women.

CosmicNoodle
October 14th, 2014, 04:34 PM
In what way is it weird for a guy to cook? If SL your friends think it weird, they are in fact the weird ones.

TheN3rdyOutcast
October 14th, 2014, 06:21 PM
How weird is it for a straight, relatively "cool" guy to be an excellent cook? I have always felt that it goes over well with the girls but all of the guys think I'm either gay or just plain weird.

Fuck what the guys say, they're just jealous that you have skills, that they don't.

Elysium
October 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Cooking is an important life skill and an incredible talent, not a gender construct.

Hyper
October 14th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Well your friends are obviously pubescent tools.

Cooking is a skill it doesn't really matter what gender you area, nearly everyone likes to eat tasty to food so it's always a good skill to have.

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
not weird at all. I continue to try to get better . nothing wrong with guys cooking at all

CrazyPerson101
October 14th, 2014, 08:17 PM
dudes who can cook are not weird, I cook some, I'd cook more but I choose not to. I already do enough things around my house but I think it's totally cool for a dude to want to cook

Hollywood
October 14th, 2014, 08:21 PM
My big, manly, and hard-working uncle is by far the best cook I've ever known. The things he comes up with are amazing.

Thinking it's weird or wrong for guys to cook is almost like thinking it's weird or wrong for women to do something other than cook and clean.

SethfromMI
October 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM
My big, manly, and hard-working uncle is by far the best cook I've ever known. The things he comes up with are amazing.

Thinking it's weird or wrong for guys to cook is almost like thinking it's weird or wrong for women to do something other than cook and clean.

sounds a lot like my uncle. he was a tough guy (not tough like you could never talk to him, he was a very friendly person) and he was one of the best cooks I knew. I miss his cooking

JamesSuperBoy
October 15th, 2014, 05:58 PM
cool - cook on I like cooking.

Karkat
October 15th, 2014, 06:02 PM
If guys think you're weird for cooking, they need to get their heads out of their asses before they hurt themselves :P

My brother-in-law is a professional chef. PLENTY of straight men are.

Horatio Nelson
October 15th, 2014, 07:24 PM
I love cooking too. Though it's mainly because I like to eat good food. :P I learn to make the things I like.

EvanJay
October 16th, 2014, 01:03 AM
i enjoy cooking..especially when friends are over..I can also grill some BBQ..so I've been told

Melodic
October 16th, 2014, 01:08 AM
If a guy wants to cook me food, I wouldn't mind. I mean come on, its food!

Abyssal Echo
October 18th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I started learning how to cook when I was 8.
There's a lot of Chefs that are men so, there's nothing weird or wrong with a guy cooking.

Semi_IronMan
October 19th, 2014, 03:38 AM
That's a load of bull, I'm a great cook and I love to cook but I'm not gay. There are many straight male chefs out there.

Gordon Ramsey

riverboy
October 19th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Your friends are weird. Mom isn't going to be around all the time to do the cooking for them.

ImCoolBeans
October 20th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Turn on food network or the cooking channel, a lot of great chefs are male. The stereotype you're talking about is false, it is not feminine to love cooking.

jakerust
October 21st, 2014, 01:02 PM
i am straight and (not to brag but) am an excellent cook.
i love cooking.

Babiole
October 21st, 2014, 04:20 PM
My dad does a lot of the cooking at my house, and he's definitely straight. Both of my grandpas know how to cook too.

I think it's normal.

rawrnoodels
October 21st, 2014, 04:56 PM
Not weird at all i mean the best i can do is toaster waffels or nuttela toast but i would love to be able to cook

AnnaLei
October 21st, 2014, 10:39 PM
Many top chefs are guys! :)