PDA

View Full Version : I am ugly

iamkitkat
October 12th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I have always had this problem. I am ugly. It hurts.

I do have friends that would say I am hot but of course, they are joking.

I look at myself in the mirror and see my eyebrows are weird and my nose is just flat. I am still 4ft 11. I am a 14 year old male with a Filipino background.

Yet, during my lifetime of ugliness. I have had 2 girls which fancied me. Yet, I really didn't see why.

One of them was in Year 7. To be honest, she wasn't ugly but she wasn't hot either.

One in Year 9, who is what I would say a "popular girl" and she is hot. :wub: I knew she fancied me but I just pretended to be completley oblivious to it. She has moved on now and has her own boyfriend.

When will I be attractive guys? :(:(

JamesSuperBoy
October 12th, 2014, 04:37 AM
So one girl fancied you and you pretended to be oblivious?

James Dean
October 12th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Don't think of yourself that way, it just isn't all about looks. Be happy for who you are, learn to love yourself, you should be fine once you start accepting yourself. If you don't love and be happy in our own body, it will be hard for you to love other people. Girls like all different sorts of guys, don't feel alone.

iamkitkat
October 12th, 2014, 07:21 AM
So one girl fancied you and you pretended to be oblivious?

I only did this because I don't really know what to do. I don't know what to expect in a relationship. I have never had a girlfriend and I was afraid I would be seen as awkward. (I should've added this)

SethfromMI
October 12th, 2014, 09:47 AM
a lot of it is mental and how you carry yourself. not everyone is going to look like a movie star. the first step is you liking the way you look. if you can have confidence and some charisma, and charm, that is half of the battle right there

Elysium
October 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: Mental Crisis

JamesSuperBoy
October 12th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I only did this because I don't really know what to do. I don't know what to expect in a relationship. I have never had a girlfriend and I was afraid I would be seen as awkward. (I should've added this)

same for every one but we all learn -

Karkat
October 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Don't think of yourself that way, it just isn't all about looks. Be happy for who you are, learn to love yourself, you should be fine once you start accepting yourself. If you don't love and be happy in our own body, it will be hard for you to love other people. Girls like all different sorts of guys, don't feel alone.

a lot of it is mental and how you carry yourself. not everyone is going to look like a movie star. the first step is you liking the way you look. if you can have confidence and some charisma, and charm, that is half of the battle right there

I agree with these two. You will, as a person, more or less look the same throughout life, so you just have to learn to appreciate your own unique look.

Elena_
October 12th, 2014, 10:32 AM

I look at myself in the mirror and see my eyebrows are weird and my nose is just flat. I am still 4ft 11. I am a 14 year old male with a Filipino background.

Yet, during my lifetime of ugliness. I have had 2 girls which fancied me. Yet, I really didn't see why.

One of them was in Year 7. To be honest, she wasn't ugly but she wasn't hot either.

One in Year 9, who is what I would say a "popular girl" and she is hot. :wub: I knew she fancied me but I just pretended to be completley oblivious to it. She has moved on now and has her own boyfriend.

Maybe you are handsome , but you don't realize it....

Leprous
October 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Well, I also have this self esteem problem, but not all the time. Basicly in my opinion nobody is ugly. It's the inside that matters the most, trust me on this one, looks don't matter if you have a great personality.

Renata_cmp
October 12th, 2014, 12:51 PM
if you think you're beautuiful, people will see you as beautiful. A smiling average face is a lot more beautiful than a frowny handsome one. Hey i'm gonna reveal to you the top 9 things most girls find the most attractive in boys:

1-sense of humor.
2-talent and professional passion.
3-self confidence.
4-great smile.
5-grounded and humble.
6-kindness.
7-positive outlook and drama free life.
8-intelligence.
9-good active listener.

Soo... i don't see "pretty face" or "six pack abs" on this list!;)

Hyper
October 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM
When you realize that something is wrong with the way you are putting yourself down.

fast8
October 12th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Never should think of yourself like that someone will like you for you

Jungle
October 13th, 2014, 06:26 PM
If philosophy has taught me one thing, it's about unique perceptino. One persons perception of soemthing is totally different to someone elses- I am in unconditional love with someone who to me is the most beautiful person in the world. But I know some people who would call them "ugly". THe people who think yu're ugly, you dont want to be friends with them. The people who see past appearance and learn to " see an imperfect person perfectly" are the keepers ;)

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I'm just gonna be completely honest. Many people sterotype, it's as simple as that. While you might not appear attractive to someone, you might appear attractive to someone else. Not everyone can like how you look. Also, if you're still going through puberty you DO have a good chance you're physical appearance will change. Keep ya' head up!

Hideous
October 14th, 2014, 09:33 PM
You need to find the light in you. You are not ugly, you are unique in your own way. You need to feel confident about yourself, that means you also need to work on who you are. The time will come, and someone will you love you for you.

Drewboy
October 14th, 2014, 11:33 PM
First of all YOU ARE NOT UGLY. Nobody is ugly. We are all beautiful in our own way, and I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. Everyone has certain GREAT features. And you will find the right girl who likes you for who you are. Also, puberty can be an awkward time, if you don't like the way you look right now, give it a few years, you will change a lot. Stay strong! :)

Noody
October 15th, 2014, 03:43 PM
First of all YOU ARE NOT UGLY. Nobody is ugly. We are all beautiful in our own way, and I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. Everyone has certain GREAT features. And you will find the right girl who likes you for who you are. Also, puberty can be an awkward time, if you don't like the way you look right now, give it a few years, you will change a lot. Stay strong! :)

You literally stole everything I was about to say -_- xD

Miserabilia
October 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Alot of guys think they're hideous at your age, including me about a year ago.
Your face and personality are developing; all this new information and this experience of suddenly feeling the need to look good to the world makes you feel hopeless. It's just a matter of getting used to people's judgement and the fact that you are changing.