PDA

View Full Version : What should I get?

jay_
October 9th, 2014, 11:55 PM
So after my 2007 BMW 328i was totalled after I was rear-ended, my dad has agreed to buy me a new car as my "graduation" present even though I'm in grade 11. My dad bought my brother a new car for his graduation so it's kind-of a given that he would get me one too but he agreed to get me a new car now instead of an older used one.

We went to the BMW dealership and looked at cars, we looked at a 335 xdrive and a X3 xdrive35i.. I want a manual again but the X3 would be better for hauling stuff especially since I plan to go to university in Canada..

Then we went to Acura and looked at the ILX, RDX and TLX - the ILX was small but had a manual but no awd, the RDX was nice but not as nice as the X3 but much cheaper and the TLX was nice since it had AWD but it also didn't come in manual..

Then we went to Mercedes and looked at C350 and GLK350.. I didn't really like either they felt like girl/mom cars and I would rather a BMW over a Mercedes if I had the choice..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice compact SUV or car with a manual transmission and AWD????

Plane And Simple
October 10th, 2014, 12:17 AM
The 335xi is a a great choice. Bmw has done a good job on this generation and they're on the list for the most reliable vehicles here in Europe. After you did 120k with your older one I would repeat with BMW. I also think the F30 has a great image to it.

And i know you're on American and this isn't too fancy in there but why not go for a, d instead of an I? If you driven over 10k miles a year or pays off to own a Diesel.

mrmee
October 13th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Do you need a luxury brand? If not, jeep wrangler or grand cherokee, or chevy suburban or tahoe. not sure if the chevys have manual or not tho. Jeeps can be tricked out pretty nice if you insist on pouring cash into your ride too.

CharlieHorse
October 13th, 2014, 11:09 PM
I3 bruh

CosmicNoodle
October 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Your young enought o be on this site, and roich enough to drive a BMW.....what the....

Like Plane And Simple said, the 335xi is a great choice (if you're rich...) BMW makes fantastic cars, reliable, comfotable, and they look great (but the come with the stigma that the drivers a wanker)

I'd go with the 335xi, looks like the best out of the options you have.

SethfromMI
October 14th, 2014, 08:13 PM
if you got that type of money, it sounds like you can get whatever you want

CrazyPerson101
October 14th, 2014, 08:25 PM
So after my 2007 BMW 328i was totalled after I was rear-ended, my dad has agreed to buy me a new car as my "graduation" present even though I'm in grade 11. My dad bought my brother a new car for his graduation so it's kind-of a given that he would get me one too but he agreed to get me a new car now instead of an older used one.

We went to the BMW dealership and looked at cars, we looked at a 335 xdrive and a X3 xdrive35i.. I want a manual again but the X3 would be better for hauling stuff especially since I plan to go to university in Canada..

Then we went to Acura and looked at the ILX, RDX and TLX - the ILX was small but had a manual but no awd, the RDX was nice but not as nice as the X3 but much cheaper and the TLX was nice since it had AWD but it also didn't come in manual..

Then we went to Mercedes and looked at C350 and GLK350.. I didn't really like either they felt like girl/mom cars and I would rather a BMW over a Mercedes if I had the choice..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice compact SUV or car with a manual transmission and AWD????

Well let me tell ya, the BMW is a nice choice ( personally I like it but meh ) They're pricey but they do look very nice and their preformance is decent, I'd hate to have to replace parts on it though, it'd cost alot because of its name.

Acura's are alright, but if you're planning on going to Canada, you're gonna need awd because of the snow. They are nice though, I've enjoyed riding in them, they're comfortable but they're no BMW

Mercedes are okay, they're overpriced cars that don't provide much luxury at all,( when I say this, I mean most of it's plastic and if you tap it , it sounds plasticy ... hard to explain but you get what I mean hopefully ) and Plus if you put cheap gas in them, they make the most awful noise so If I where you, i'd go with the BMW but get AWD remember that ! Good luck :)

LifeOfLove
October 16th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Subaru STI hatchback. Pretty nice and fun little cars!
I'm also a huge fan of all things Audi.

CrazyPerson101
October 16th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Oh and Lexus, they're good cars too, If I where you, I'd check them out. I forget which one it is but you can get a hybrid lexus that has 339 horse power gas and electric give you some umph and it gets 28 hwy 25 city so It gets decent mileage.

jay_
October 26th, 2014, 12:41 AM
I made my decision, I got a 2015 Acura RDX Technology Package AWD in black with beige inside.

JamesSuperBoy
October 26th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Thats good -