PDA

View Full Version : Porcupines and semi's are bad for dogs :'(

mrmee
October 8th, 2014, 10:37 PM
My pitt bull- mastiff charlie passed away recently. He had a reputation for being invincible to cars, but semi trucks are a dufferent story. He got in a fight with a porcupine, with quills in his eyes, he broke his chain (for the billionth time it broke) and ran into the road, where a tractor trailer hit him.

Previously he was ran over by 3 pickups, abused before we adopted him, and kept pulling a 4 foot stake out of the ground, dragging it through the woods, getting stuck, and having to wait until we found him. Keep in mind he was a pitt mastiff. Basically a huge pitt bull. He also diddnt understand the concept of sliding glass doors, so he walked into them.

Post an honorable mention for your dececed pets.

James Dean
October 9th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Our dog Patty ran away for no reason one day. We all came home and we couldn't find her. It's sad as it just happened out of the blue and we were very attached to her, and it seemed like she loved us. Dogs are strange animals and unlike cats who are very settled in the home, dogs love to be outside. We didn't have her chipped so you should always do that to your pets so when they run away you can locate them easier. :(

EvanJay
October 17th, 2014, 11:35 AM
those porcupines are vicious

phuckphace
October 17th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Roscoe the box turtle lived at my grandmas house under the front porch for about 58 years. you'd see him/her (never figured that one out) sunning on the rocks, and you could always tell it was the same turtle from the distinctive pattern on its shell. he showed up a year after my grandparents built the house in 1954, and lived there the rest of his life. in 2012 my grandma saw a squished turtle on the road in front of her house, and Roscoe hasn't been seen since, so it was probably him. RIP.