PDA

View Full Version : I was just hit by a car....wow.... o_O

CosmicNoodle
October 5th, 2014, 11:32 AM
The title says it, I was walking out of a shop, my motorcycle was parked across the road and I went to cross to get to it, and being the total reatard I am I didn't think to look and accidently stepped out in front of a Nissan Micra
This car, very common in the UK:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Nissan_Micra_front_20081017.jpg

And somehow, I'm alive.... It basically blind sided me, It was a mix of being hit dead on and being skimmed, so instead of breaking my bones, it just sort of pushed/threw me out of it's way, it knocked me about 3 ft and I landed flat on my face...because why would I do a stupid thing like putting my hands out, that wouldn't make sense -_-....

Thankfully I was wearing a full set of motorcycle gear with kevlar weaved into it and procective armor plating, meaning I am litterally without a sctratch. Only bad thing is that I broke my motorcycle hemlet because it also happened to get hit, and once they've been hit too hard to you have to replace them.

The woman in the car was more upset and worried than I was, even though it was compleatly my falt for not looking where the fuck I was going. It left a small scratch on the fender of her car where a zip on my pants had scuffed it up. But appart from that, everything's fine, I'm fucking lucky. I offered to pay to get it re-painted but she refused saying "It's only a car, I'm more worried about you" (Kind of lucky she didn't accept, I barely have any money anyway)

One things I've learnt, don't rely on your hearing to check for cars, you won't always hear them, make sure you look.

Now I'm just sitting here kind of socked and suprised, and with a very painful leg, likely gonna get a nasty bruise but thats a shit tone better than a broken leg.

Cognizant
October 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Yikes.

I was on the bus one time and this old chinese guy ran out in front of the bus without looking. He didn't get hit, but i imagine it would've hurt :P

Miserabilia
October 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oh my damn
good to see your still alive :lol:
that sounds dangerous!
Traffic accidents are weird... Good to see you didn't put yourself in a wheelchair o something, also that the driver was nice. I know a lot of drivers would get out and kick your ass for getting in the way :oh:

CosmicNoodle
October 5th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Oh my damn
good to see your still alive :lol:
that sounds dangerous!
Traffic accidents are weird... Good to see you didn't put yourself in a wheelchair o something, also that the driver was nice. I know a lot of drivers would get out and kick your ass for getting in the way :oh:

If I'd been one more step forward I'd have a broken leg right now, and I was right, I've developed a NASTY bruise on my leg, thats gonna' be there for a while.

James Dean
October 6th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Lucky you were wearing those pads. Ow, I always fear of getting run over by a car. Glad to see you're still healthy :)

CosmicNoodle
October 6th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Ow, I always fear of getting run over by a car.

You know what, I'll give a small review of getting hit by a car:

I give it 2 out of 10 stars, the overall experiance wasn't too painfull, but it ruined my very expensive helmet and put a hole in my glove. The car in question wasn't even a cool car to be hit by, it was a Micra...
I would give it 0 or 1 star, but I'm not dead at least, unlike with some of the less expensive collisions.

Definately don't recommend to others, not worth the price of admition.

ksdnfkfr
October 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
That was stupid Joe! You should have walked in front of a Bentley! I have to literally be walked everywhere to keep me from stepping into traffic.

CosmicNoodle
October 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
That was stupid Joe! You should have walked in front of a Bentley! I have to literally be walked everywhere to keep me from stepping into traffic.

Ye, but at least if you walk in traffic, theres a damn good reason, when I walked into traffic, it was my own retardation :/
My leg is still freakin' hurting because of that

And ye, I could have at least walked in front of something cool, not a shitty micra

ksdnfkfr
October 6th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Ye, but at least if you walk in traffic, theres a damn good reason, when I walked into traffic, it was my own retardation :/
My leg is still freakin' hurting because of that

And ye, I could have at least walked in front of something cool, not a shitty micra

Meh people get preoccupied....plus slow moving tiny silent car.

CosmicNoodle
October 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Meh people get preoccupied....plus slow moving tiny silent car.

Wanna know how I was preoccupied?
I was singing this,
tRcPA7Fzebw&index=76&list=PLYIJNROSAUVeWfiJSXqOQQYNrk5lEQdun

And thinking about what it would be like to mix Mountian Dew and 7Up....worth it...

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
October 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
shit. lucky you had all that padding on..

ksdnfkfr
October 6th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Wanna know how I was preoccupied?
I was singing this,
tRcPA7Fzebw&index=76&list=PLYIJNROSAUVeWfiJSXqOQQYNrk5lEQdun

And thinking about what it would be like to mix Mountian Dew and 7Up....worth it...

That explains it....Ziggy Stardust has that effect on people. I'm into Mountain Dew mixed with Gatorade myself.

Karkat
October 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Holy fuck! D: I'm glad nothing worse happened though!

CosmicNoodle
October 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
That explains it....Ziggy Stardust has that effect on people. I'm into Mountain Dew mixed with Gatorade myself.

Arrr, they don't sell Gatorade in the UK, but I sooooooooobadly want to try it, I hear people raving about it all the time but I have never managed to try it.

Holy fuck! D: I'm glad nothing worse happened though!

Could have been worse, could have been a train, or a truck, or a SUV. Thankfully it was a shitty Micra.

Typhlosion
October 8th, 2014, 08:16 PM
As fun as conversating in VT might be, please leave it off the thread if it's off-topic.

PinkFloyd
October 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Holy hell man, that's insane.. I'm glad you're ok!

CosmicNoodle
October 9th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Holy hell man, that's insane.. I'm glad you're ok!

Thanks dude, feel fine, took a few days but theres no sign I was even in the acident.

EvanJay
October 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
damn good thing your okay

SethfromMI
October 18th, 2014, 07:14 PM
The title says it, I was walking out of a shop, my motorcycle was parked across the road and I went to cross to get to it, and being the total reatard I am I didn't think to look and accidently stepped out in front of a Nissan Micra
image (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Nissan_Micra_front_20081017.jpg)

And somehow, I'm alive.... It basically blind sided me, It was a mix of being hit dead on and being skimmed, so instead of breaking my bones, it just sort of pushed/threw me out of it's way, it knocked me about 3 ft and I landed flat on my face...because why would I do a stupid thing like putting my hands out, that wouldn't make sense -_-....

Thankfully I was wearing a full set of motorcycle gear with kevlar weaved into it and procective armor plating, meaning I am litterally without a sctratch. Only bad thing is that I broke my motorcycle hemlet because it also happened to get hit, and once they've been hit too hard to you have to replace them.

The woman in the car was more upset and worried than I was, even though it was compleatly my falt for not looking where the fuck I was going. It left a small scratch on the fender of her car where a zip on my pants had scuffed it up. But appart from that, everything's fine, I'm fucking lucky. I offered to pay to get it re-painted but she refused saying "It's only a car, I'm more worried about you" (Kind of lucky she didn't accept, I barely have any money anyway)

One things I've learnt, don't rely on your hearing to check for cars, you won't always hear them, make sure you look.

Now I'm just sitting here kind of socked and suprised, and with a very painful leg, likely gonna get a nasty bruise but thats a shit tone better than a broken leg.

good thing you are ok, that can be scary stuff

CosmicNoodle
October 18th, 2014, 08:08 PM
good thing you are ok, that can be scary stuff

Could have been a LOT worse, I could have been in front of it, not to the side, it could have been a jeep, not a Micra, it could have boke my leg, it could have actually gone over the top of me, considering all the things that could have gone wrong, I'm happy with a bruise and a broken helmet.

CrazyPerson101
October 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
image (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Nissan_Micra_front_20081017.jpg)

Holy crap joe ! I'm glad you're okay ! but you've gotta be more careful !

BeachBlonde
October 21st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Oh wow, your VERY lucky you didn't get scratched up at all. It's better the bike helmet than you though, that's for sure.

CosmicNoodle
October 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Oh wow, your VERY lucky you didn't get scratched up at all. It's better the bike helmet than you though, that's for sure.

For sure man, hey, cool location.

BeachBlonde
October 22nd, 2014, 11:27 PM
For sure man, hey, cool location.

Ya, I get that a lot, lol.