PDA

View Full Version : The four letter minimum

ksdnfkfr
October 1st, 2014, 11:24 PM
Would like to be able to write "yes" or "no" or "7" (in one of the counting threads) without having to add "." or whatever, like just "7" instead of "7..."

Deleted User
October 2nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
It's to prevent spamming from both users and the occasional bot (although those usually seem quite chatty).

And is it really so hard to write "seven" instead of "7" just to pass that four character thing?

Typhlosion
October 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
Just talk like a happy pirate!

Aye! / Arr!
Nay! / Nar!

If it's just some post like "How many dogs you have" it might be more exciting to read if you described them a little instead of just posting "2..."

CosmicNoodle
October 2nd, 2014, 01:35 PM
I'm on the side of Ezra here, it irritate me, only slightly, but none the less. It often makes you come across and unenthusiastic or bored.

KaraaaHope
October 2nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Maybe it's to actually get people to talk to each other rather than just saying "yes" or "no." I mean this IS a social site.. :)

ksdnfkfr
October 2nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
It's to prevent spamming from both users and the occasional bot (although those usually seem quite chatty).

And is it really so hard to write "seven" instead of "7" just to pass that four character thing?

Well usually when I write "7" or '"17" it's during a counting race to see who can get to 25 the quickest. And since all my other forums let me write "7" I forget about not being able to write "7" here and get an error message and then have to retype it "7..." or "seven" but by that time it's too late and I have to change it to a "12.." or a "twelve"......

Just a suggestion.....

Deleted User
October 2nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
Well usually when I write "7" or '"17" it's during a counting race to see who can get to 25 the quickest. And since all my other forums let me write "7" I forget about not being able to write "7" here and get an error message and then have to retype it "7..." or "seven" but by that time it's too late and I have to change it to a "12.." or a "twelve"......

Just a suggestion.....

Again, it's to prevent spamming. I doubt it will ever change.

xXl0sth0peXx
October 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
This won't change, I can assure that. As said, it's for spamming measures and it's really not that much of a hassle. It's only really in that one forum, in a few thread that it's ever an issue, and it's not worth changing for that. We'd might as well have no filter if it's less than 4, and we need something, as said for spamming measures. Just make it 7 with a few smiley faces or write it out or add dots or something.. it's not that bad.

I do get it, and it is annoying at times, especially when I fall for it, but it's just not a reasonable change to make, as much as I'd like it.

DerBear
October 3rd, 2014, 08:11 PM
Its not that big a deal and the only workaround you might be able to find is if you could somehow have a white list with numbers/common words such as yes or no added. However it might not be possible (haven't ever checked) and it would be a lot of work for something so small.

ksdnfkfr
October 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
This won't change, I can assure that. As said, it's for spamming measures and it's really not that much of a hassle. It's only really in that one forum, in a few thread that it's ever an issue, and it's not worth changing for that. We'd might as well have no filter if it's less than 4, and we need something, as said for spamming measures. Just make it 7 with a few smiley faces or write it out or add dots or something.. it's not that bad.

I do get it, and it is annoying at times, especially when I fall for it, but it's just not a reasonable change to make, as much as I'd like it.

Okay doky that's cool I understand. Now that I suggested it, I wont be bugged by it :yes:

Cangirl
October 22nd, 2014, 06:06 PM
I don't like shortening to much but sometimes its faster and easier to shorten things. but yeah on the counting threads it doesn't matter adding the "..." i mean its three ;) little dots so not much effort.

Baconator
October 25th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Texting slang such as "thx" or "tbh" or so on really irritate me. I don't support this.