PDA

View Full Version : Design

Elena_
September 28th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Hey!
I think this forum is awesome , but the design is quite ... dark...
Maybe , we could redesign it , for example , each member could take charge of one forum section , or put a different colour for each subforum , or put some pics ...
What do you think about it?

Sanctum
September 28th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Hi. you can choose your favorite templates from the list located at the bottom of the page.

Elysium
September 28th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Hi. you can choose your favorite templates from the list located at the bottom of the page.
This exactly. They're called "skins" and there's a drop down menu at the very bottom of the page, where you can change your skin. There's also a setting somewhere in your User CP, if you snoop around for a little bit. Personally, I use the Bingo! skin.

TheN3rdyOutcast
September 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Personally, I'd like the ability to create your own skin for personal use, sort of like MS Powerpoint. I always use black and gold, but I'd really like to try something less...default.

Typhlosion
September 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
If you're tech-savvy, there are multiple extensions for web browsers, e.g. stylish, that allow you to change the CSS properties of a page, being able to pretty much insert whatever colours/alternative images you desire.

Other than that, there are always the multiple forum skins you can choose at the bottom left of each page.

I like using Bingo! and Silver Blue, and sometimes Dark Inferno. The first two are not dark at all.

Feraligatr
September 28th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I guess that class I took last year was useful. I might try changing the code a little bit. :lol:

Dark Inferno is my favorite.

Elena_
September 29th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks to all of you !!
I didn't know that :)

emilyly
October 16th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Hey!
I think this forum is awesome , but the design is quite ... dark...
Maybe , we could redesign it , for example , each member could take charge of one forum section , or put a different colour for each subforum , or put some pics ...
What do you think about it?

Good point, this colours sucks. I prefer more light and rainbow colours like on my avatar :P:whoops::wub:

CassnovA
October 16th, 2014, 10:33 AM
If there isnt already one, maybe someone should create a noobie guide to the forums. How to's and such.

ImCoolBeans
October 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
If there isnt already one, maybe someone should create a noobie guide to the forums. How to's and such.

http://virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153812

CassnovA
October 16th, 2014, 01:04 PM
http://virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153812

Thats a really good thread. Maybe have a link to it as part of the welcome to vt pm new users get?

TheMatrix
October 21st, 2014, 11:55 PM
If you want to look around the internet for some vBulletin(version 3.8) themes, and you find one that looks good, you could suggest it to an admin and maybe they'll consider adding it.