PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what this is...can you help me?

Dying Ember
September 26th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I am almost 15 and weigh around 40kg. My bmi says I am underweight but I want to be thinner. I never feel like what I look like is good enough. When I look in the mirror, I see fat. I know I don't have an eating disorder but I just wanted to have some opinions because I don't really know what this means. Another thing is, I like losing weight. I'm not sure why it just makes me feel as if I've achieved something. If I put on a bit of weight I feel horrible about it and want to eat less to lose weight. Sometimes I will skip breakfast or lunch, but not necessarily because I want to lose weight. A lot of the time, I just don't feel hungry. But it also makes me feel happier because eating less will also mean I will lose weight. I'm not quite sure what all of this means, so some opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Seafood
September 27th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I am almost 15 and weigh around 40kg. My bmi says I am underweight but I want to be thinner. I never feel like what I look like is good enough. When I look in the mirror, I see fat. I know I don't have an eating disorder but I just wanted to have some opinions because I don't really know what this means. Another thing is, I like losing weight. I'm not sure why it just makes me feel as if I've achieved something. If I put on a bit of weight I feel horrible about it and want to eat less to lose weight. Sometimes I will skip breakfast or lunch, but not necessarily because I want to lose weight. A lot of the time, I just don't feel hungry. But it also makes me feel happier because eating less will also mean I will lose weight. I'm not quite sure what all of this means, so some opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Look Maya. Even though i haven't seen you, I bet you look amazing. But your personality outshines it all. You really don't need to change yourself for anyone, OK?

I'm not sure but it might be anorexia. The best advice I can give you is that you concentrate on something else. Maybe try and feel achievement in prolonging your self harm or something.

We can talk about this later if you want cutie. ;) xx

Seafood
September 30th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I don't care, I'm bumping this. Someone on here should know.

CosmicNoodle
September 30th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Look Maya. Even though i haven't seen you, I bet you look amazing. But your personality outshines it all. You really don't need to change yourself for anyone, OK?

I'm not sure but it might be anorexia. The best advice I can give you is that you concentrate on something else. Maybe try and feel achievement in prolonging your self harm or something.

We can talk about this later if you want cutie. ;) xx

Shit I didn't even see this thread, sorry.

Maya, it sounds like you have an eatting disorder, a bad one, 40KG is not healthy. I've never seen you, but like SeaFood I'd bet you look fine, if not great.
I've seen people with eating disorders waste away, and in one case, die. You should go to a doctor asap and see what he says, and like SeaFood said, try to focus on other things, build something, improve your social life, just get your mind in other places.

Seafood
September 30th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Maya, it sounds like you have an eatting disorder, a bad one, 40KG is not healthy. I've never seen you, but like SeaFood I'd bet you look fine, if not great.
I've seen people with eating disorders waste away, and in one case, die. You should go to a doctor asap and see what he says, and like SeaFood said, try to focus on other things, build something, improve your social life, just get your mind in other places.

Thanks.

Dying Ember
October 1st, 2014, 11:34 AM

Hi, thanks for your advice. Although I know somethings not quite right, I'm pretty sure I don't have an eating disorder. I think its quite normal for the BMI to not be so accurate on me (I'm a different nationality).
I'm trying to focus on other things but I'm kind of in that mind set where I don't want to do anything and I feel like nobody wants me. I don't know how to get out of it...

CosmicNoodle
October 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Hi, thanks for your advice. Although I know somethings not quite right, I'm pretty sure I don't have an eating disorder. I think its quite normal for the BMI to not be so accurate on me (I'm a different nationality).
I'm trying to focus on other things but I'm kind of in that mind set where I don't want to do anything and I feel like nobody wants me. I don't know how to get out of it...

Weight isn't the only defining factor of a person, most of people wont care how much you weigh, someone will always want yoiu no matter what, you don't have to worry so much about your weight.

Dying Ember
October 1st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Weight isn't the only defining factor of a person, most of people wont care how much you weigh, someone will always want yoiu no matter what, you don't have to worry so much about your weight.

I know, its not specifically just my weight...more what I look like in general. I know its stupid and I shouldn't care so much but I can't help it.

Karkat
October 2nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
I know, its not specifically just my weight...more what I look like in general. I know its stupid and I shouldn't care so much but I can't help it.

Honestly, I'm a lot of the same way, just to both extremes instead of one. When I get thin, I like to exercise constantly, starve myself, lose weight. Sometimes I even purge. When I get to be a little heavier, I feel great, and I want to exercise to build muscle. I obsess over high-caloric diets, and high protein, and I binge a lot.

I always see this perfect picture of what my body *could* be, and it just never measures up. I hate looking at myself in the mirror when I'm in a swimsuit/etc. because of it.

But in the long run, making sure that you're healthy is far more important a goal. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite because I can't let go of unreasonable aspirations myself, but honestly, it's better to be healthy.

Dying Ember
October 3rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Honestly, I'm a lot of the same way, just to both extremes instead of one. When I get thin, I like to exercise constantly, starve myself, lose weight. Sometimes I even purge. When I get to be a little heavier, I feel great, and I want to exercise to build muscle. I obsess over high-caloric diets, and high protein, and I binge a lot.

I always see this perfect picture of what my body *could* be, and it just never measures up. I hate looking at myself in the mirror when I'm in a swimsuit/etc. because of it.

But in the long run, making sure that you're healthy is far more important a goal. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite because I can't let go of unreasonable aspirations myself, but honestly, it's better to be healthy.

Its not being hypocritical, you're just trying to help :)
I want to stop it before it gets out of hand, and I'm starting to eat more now but the thoughts in my head are just getting worse.

Karkat
October 4th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I want to stop it before it gets out of hand, and I'm starting to eat more now but the thoughts in my head are just getting worse.

I understand. I hope you can, it's a terrible thing to have to go through.

Dying Ember
October 5th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I understand. I hope you can, it's a terrible thing to have to go through.

I know...
Thank you.

Karkat
October 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I know...
Thank you.

You're welcome. :hug:

Elena_
October 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM

¡Cheer up! You don't need to be like a Victoria Secret Model (their photos aren't real , most of these girls touch up them) ... So , be yourself ;)
But don't eat an excesive amount of junk food just to increase your weight , because eating unhealthy food may give you important diseases when you are older ...
Kisses <3

Dying Ember
October 6th, 2014, 05:42 PM
¡Cheer up! You don't need to be like a Victoria Secret Model (their photos aren't real , most of these girls touch up them) ... So , be yourself ;)
But don't eat an excesive amount of junk food just to increase your weight , because eating unhealthy food may give you important diseases when you are older ...
Kisses <3

Thanks, but being myself isn't ever good enough.

Seafood
October 6th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks, but being myself isn't ever good enough.

Being yourself is always good enough.

Dying Ember
October 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Being yourself is always good enough.

It never is. Not for a lot of people.

Seafood
October 7th, 2014, 12:20 AM

You're good enough for me.

Elena_
October 7th, 2014, 10:58 AM

Don't be so negative... I'm sure you are a wonderful person ;)

Dying Ember
October 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Don't be so negative... I'm sure you are a wonderful person ;)

That's nice of you to say. :)

Dying Ember
October 7th, 2014, 12:11 PM
You're good enough for me.

Aw ;)
You know you're too nice to me?

Renata_cmp
October 8th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I totally get you, i am sometimes in this way of thinking. Nobody ever told me i was fat, plus i completely think being chubby is 100% ok, wether you're a boy or a girl but sometimes i really feel like my body is awful, and it makes me skip some meals... but anyway, in the end your body doesn't matter at all, who cares if you're 40 kg or 80, what counts is the love you have for your body. I know a lot of people hates their bodies, but once you start seeing it as something beautiful, not only your self-esteem will skyrocket, but everyone will see it as beautiful too. that's what i keep telling to my chubby friend, it's helping him a lot but we both know it's not that easy.

Elena_
October 8th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I totally get you, i am sometimes in this way of thinking. Nobody ever told me i was fat, plus i completely think being chubby is 100% ok, wether you're a boy or a girl but sometimes i really feel like my body is awful, and it makes me skip some meals... but anyway, in the end your body doesn't matter at all, who cares if you're 40 kg or 80, what counts is the love you have for your body. I know a lot of people hates their bodies, but once you start seeing it as something beautiful, not only your self-esteem will skyrocket, but everyone will see it as beautiful too. that's what i keep telling to my chubby friend, it's helping him a lot but we both know it's not that easy.

I totally agree with you .. but sometimes its hard to accept ... I am 1.68 metres tall , and I weigh 56,3 kg , so I try to eat small quantities of food , (even I've tried to purg ...) , but I think the real solution is to have healthy meals

Renata_cmp
October 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM
yeah, but you know, that's a perfectly normal size you got there. My guy friend is 173 cm for 76-75 kg i think. Yeah, healthy nutrition is the way! Plus after you got yourself out of the processed food, you start to re-discover the taste of vegetables and other food that seemed bland to you before.

Elena_
October 9th, 2014, 11:00 AM
yeah, but you know, that's a perfectly normal size you got there. My guy friend is 173 cm for 76-75 kg i think. Yeah, healthy nutrition is the way! Plus after you got yourself out of the processed food, you start to re-discover the taste of vegetables and other food that seemed bland to you before.

Well , in this summer , I've gained too much weight ... But yes , there are healthy recipes that taste gorgeous !!

http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1223369/137574356/stock-photo-collage-of-healthy-salads-shrimp-cold-beef-tomatoes-and-snow-peas-watermelon-and-cheese-137574356.jpg

Dying Ember
October 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Hey, that's exactly how I feel. Nobody (apart from my sisters) have called me fat and I have absolutely nothing against bigger people but I just can't help the way I think... I don't know how to change it.

Renata_cmp
October 9th, 2014, 12:26 PM
i think we don't like our bodies for a reason, i guess it comes with insecurity. A really hard thing to cure...

Elena_
October 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM
i think we don't like our bodies for a reason, i guess it comes with insecurity. A really hard thing to cure...

Yes , we are never happy with our body , our hair , our face ....

Dying Ember
November 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM

Yes , we are never happy with our body , our hair , our face ....

That's very true. Unfortunately, many people are like this.

Elena_
November 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
That's very true. Unfortunately, many people are like this.

But it's not our fault. I mean, we live in a world where you HAVE TO be or dress like some magazines say; you have to have a big ass , because that's what boys like ....
So , yeah , I understand why there are too many people who don't like their bodies :(

Dying Ember
November 22nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
But it's not our fault. I mean, we live in a world where you HAVE TO be or dress like some magazines say; you have to have a big ass , because that's what boys like ....
So , yeah , I understand why there are too many people who don't like their bodies :(

Yeah, there's so much pressure to be a certain way in society and its impossible to ignore it and be who you are..

Periphery
November 22nd, 2014, 12:13 PM

I can relate to this feeling, but please, just don't do this to yourself. Please believe me when I say that it's the inside that matters, no matter how much you weigh. You're not fat, okay? Don't loose weight for other people, changing is not worth it. I'm sure you're a great person. Maybe try to get help, take it slow, gain some weight again, and be healthy, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

Captain Canada
November 22nd, 2014, 12:30 PM
When you aren't eating, you're actually making things worse on yourself. It's extremely unhealthy and does a lot of harm on your body. My suggestion is eating normally and working out afterwards, if you're really worried about gaining weight. Believe me, no matter how "fat" you are, you're always beautiful. Treat your body right and you'll get the results you want. Treat it wrongly, and you'll be living a fantasy of perfection.

DamWayne
November 23rd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Believe me, no matter how "fat" you are, you're always beautiful.
do you think that too when it's comes to guys? i never met a girl that didn't think fat guys are ugly.
for the poster, i understant what your going through (yes guys can suffer from eating disorders too) but im truly fat and your not, so dont harm your body plz.

Captain Canada
November 23rd, 2014, 04:56 PM
do you think that too when it's comes to guys? i never met a girl that didn't think fat guys are ugly.
for the poster, i understant what your going through (yes guys can suffer from eating disorders too) but im truly fat and your not, so dont harm your body plz.

Depends what your definition of "fat" is. I believe everyone, no matter how fat, skinny, scarred, or mutated they are, is beautiful. I may not necessarily be "attracted" to them sexually but yes, everyone is beautiful.

DamWayne
November 23rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
ok, so im completely convinced now that im never gonna met a girl that did not think im an ugly fatass... can't blame them but still. spending the rest of my ife alone because im overweight donn't sound fun at all...

Captain Canada
November 23rd, 2014, 05:04 PM
ok, so im completely convinced now that im never gonna met a girl that did not think im an ugly fatass... can't blame them but still. spending the rest of my ife alone because im overweight donn't sound fun at all...

If you're convinced that you're overweight, set a plan to lose it. Diet, excercise, etc. If you set a plan and stick to it, chances of you being overweight are going to drop tremendously :P It's all about how you treat your body. If you're anorexic, I know it's easier said than done, but you need to stop. Start eating HEALTHY. Just because you are eating a lot doesn't mean it's junk. Put good things in your body and you'll get good results.

DamWayne
November 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
If you're convinced that you're overweight, set a plan to lose it. Diet, excercise, etc. If you set a plan and stick to it, chances of you being overweight are going to drop tremendously :P It's all about how you treat your body. If you're anorexic, I know it's easier said than done, but you need to stop. Start eating HEALTHY. Just because you are eating a lot doesn't mean it's junk. Put good things in your body and you'll get good results.

im eating a lot of unhleathy junk, since my dad died... never been able to stop myself im 5.6 and 166 pounds, total fatass like i said. even if i lose the wiehgt i know i wont find anyone unless i got a sixpack abs, i need at least that to compensate for my ulgy face and horrible red hair. but its not my topic, so i should stop talking about me...

Captain Canada
November 23rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
im eating a lot of unhleathy junk, since my dad died... never been able to stop myself im 5.6 and 166 pounds, total fatass like i said. even if i lose the wiehgt i know i wont find anyone unless i got a sixpack abs, i need at least that to compensate for my ulgy face and horrible red hair. but its not my topic, so i should stop talking about me...

Like I said, it's all about how you treat your body. Eating a bunch of crap isn't going to get you the results you want.

CuteGuy889
November 26th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Many teens are underwieght yet they do not realize it. When their bodies start gaining they fight against it...I tell from my own experiance
Until 15 or so I was skinny as hell, sunk abs, flat butt and my limbs were virtual sticks and I was bullied cos of this......Then by 15 or so I started to gain a little...Initially it was bearly noticeble...just a bit of a love handle my GF found amusing and I denied....but was devastating....I started to starve myself.....Tried laxatives too but had embarrasing accidents in my aunts car..(Had to poop really bad, she got me to pull my pants down and go in my breifs, it saved the pants but was embarrasing as hell with 3 girls in back !!!).....
Then my GF got wind of this and she started to really welcome my weight gain. She incorporated checking my body out to our cuddling routine...
She would undress me step by step in front of a mirror and make fun of my skinny-fat body, and say how cute I look with my new weight on..check where I have gained..where she can pinch more....then if privacy permits take me to TV, sill in my briefs, and enocurage me to have a hearty normal meal....she would rub my belly and push me to finish my portion and even eat more...

This way in 1.5 yrs my waist went from 25 in to 36, face plumped up, , grew a bubble butt too....and I have gone from 48 kg to 65 kg at 5 foot 11......... nw I have a small tummy roll, cannot run etc like when I was skinny, and have sm man-boobies....but,despite all changes, i never succumed to anorexia/bulimea..

I too now enjoy my gain..tee shirts look fuller, tight jeans are acutually tight, briefs won't ride up my butt and give wedgies.... I even dare go for improptu sea baths just in my briefs..

Sometiems family & friends are insensitive.. they point at & tease abt my new weight....and how skiinny I used to be.....then I feel a little down and turn beet red in the face.